We stayed here during our Honeymoon trip on September 2010. The hotel is average but I understand there is not much choice in this area. It is damp and they are a bit pretentious considering the facilities and services offered BUT the worse part is that they tried the worst trick on us. On the evening before departure we were offered a shandy (beer and sprite) , we were trying the internet conection at the lobby (terrible signal and service BTW) before dinner so we took it. Afterwards when we received the bill for dinner I noticed there were 2 Chef's Special valued at 22$ (11$ each) when we complained about that charge (thinking it was a course we hadn't eaten) we were told it was the beer cocktail!!!!!!!
The most expensive beer I have ever had....not even NY, London, Sweden....
Considering that in Spain a shandy goes for $3 in the most expensive place I can certainly say this is the biggest rip off ever.
Otherwise the food was sligthly pricier than in other places in India, in fact, lunch and dinner for two people was the same cost as the beer cocktail.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The bridge to Shalimar, over a mountain stream meandering through the resort, transcends you to another world, seemingly untouched by man. Shalimar Spice Garden is a celebration of scents and colours. Pepper vines snake through your room balconies, butterflies dance to the sound of silence and orchids smile into your windows every morning. This Sublime Journey through waterfalls, tea estates, spice & vegetable plantations, and Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary only enhances the invitation to live the Shalimar experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Cancelon, Agoda, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Shalimar Spice Garden - An Amritara Private Hideaway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shalimar Spice Garden Hotel Kumily
- Shalimar Spice Garden Thekkady
- Shalimar Spice Garden - An Amritara Private Hideaway Thekkady, Kerala