This is an amazing hotel - very tranquil and beautiful thatched cottages set in the heart of the spice plantations. The gardens are fantastic - they grow all kinds of spices and fruit (many of which they use in their own kitchens, including their own coffee which was wonderful!). The swimming pool was also superb. It's also only a ten minute drive to Periyar wildlife sanctuary - where you can go on a 3 hour jungle trek and boat ride (which are great fun). The sister hotel Surya Samudra (by the sea near Kovalem) was also superb. We also stayed at Spice Village (which although a little closer to Periyar caters more for package holidays rather than the independent traveller). I think Shalimar Spice was much nicer and the food was also wonderful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The bridge to Shalimar, over a mountain stream meandering through the resort, transcends you to another world, seemingly untouched by man. Shalimar Spice Garden is a celebration of scents and colours. Pepper vines snake through your room balconies, butterflies dance to the sound of silence and orchids smile into your windows every morning. This Sublime Journey through waterfalls, tea estates, spice & vegetable plantations, and Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary only enhances the invitation to live the Shalimar experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HRS so you can book your Shalimar Spice Garden - An Amritara Private Hideaway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shalimar Spice Garden Hotel Kumily
- Shalimar Spice Garden Thekkady
- Shalimar Spice Garden - An Amritara Private Hideaway Thekkady, Kerala