This is one of the best resorts I have stayed at. When we arrived at the resort it looked like we were going to be disappointed but we were lost for words. Our van was too big to pass on the road, so we had to walk. But, they do provide a vehicle to take you out to the road and back.
We had a great time here. Very friendly staff and food was also very good. The time we visited it was raining and the climate was perfect. We were the only ones in the resort and we loved the service they provided. Their was 11 of us. Even our kids enjoyed it.
We could see all the spices inside the resort, they smelt very good when it was raining. We went in the rainy season. They gave us a tour of the property and explained what each spice was.
They took good care of us. They had free wi-fi.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The bridge to Shalimar, over a mountain stream meandering through the resort, transcends you to another world, seemingly untouched by man. Shalimar Spice Garden is a celebration of scents and colours. Pepper vines snake through your room balconies, butterflies dance to the sound of silence and orchids smile into your windows every morning. This Sublime Journey through waterfalls, tea estates, spice & vegetable plantations, and Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary only enhances the invitation to live the Shalimar experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HRS so you can book your Shalimar Spice Garden - An Amritara Private Hideaway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shalimar Spice Garden Hotel Kumily
- Shalimar Spice Garden Thekkady
- Shalimar Spice Garden - An Amritara Private Hideaway Thekkady, Kerala