We arrived at the Shalimar after a very long windy journey from Munnar, consequently it took a while to appreciate it fully! The bridge into the hotel was stunning .. amazing scenery in a not particularly attractive area. With flowers, birds, butterflies and greenery everywhere. Our room was cool and quite dark with views of the grounds. A lovely touch was a very comfortable rocking chair, ample tea and coffee and dressing gowns provided. It was a pleasure to wander around the almost deserted grounds exploring quiet areas and even sitting on a swing. The swimming pool looked attractive but was very cold! There was a fairly extensive menu and service was definitely with a smile .. the young man who served us was charming. Contrary to a previous comment beer was available and was a good price. We were able to contact home with free wi fi and the lounge area was tastefully furnished and empty. Breakfast was delicious and overall our stay of two nights was a definite success. Thank you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The bridge to Shalimar, over a mountain stream meandering through the resort, transcends you to another world, seemingly untouched by man. Shalimar Spice Garden is a celebration of scents and colours. Pepper vines snake through your room balconies, butterflies dance to the sound of silence and orchids smile into your windows every morning. This Sublime Journey through waterfalls, tea estates, spice & vegetable plantations, and Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary only enhances the invitation to live the Shalimar experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Orbitz, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Shalimar Spice Garden - An Amritara Private Hideaway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shalimar Spice Garden Hotel Kumily
- Shalimar Spice Garden Thekkady
- Shalimar Spice Garden - An Amritara Private Hideaway Thekkady, Kerala