We looked long and hard at hotels around Thekkady and were very glad we ended up choosing the Shalimar. The rooms were modern, spacious and comfortable and, at least the ones we stayed in, tastefully decorated. Reception and lobby area also stylish and clearly decorated by someone who "gets it". Food at breakfast and dinner was very good and staff friendly and helpful. The hotel is a little out of town (which is not where you would want to stay anyway I don't think) and down a bumpy road. But fairly easy to get in and out of and only a cheap tuk tuk ride to anywhere you might want to go. The hotel grounds were green and peaceful. Pool small but adequate. Massage and other spa treatments also very good. Our package included breakfast and dinner and considering the quality of the resort and rooms we thought it was very good value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The bridge to Shalimar, over a mountain stream meandering through the resort, transcends you to another world, seemingly untouched by man. Shalimar Spice Garden is a celebration of scents and colours. Pepper vines snake through your room balconies, butterflies dance to the sound of silence and orchids smile into your windows every morning. This Sublime Journey through waterfalls, tea estates, spice & vegetable plantations, and Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary only enhances the invitation to live the Shalimar experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Shalimar Spice Garden - An Amritara Private Hideaway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shalimar Spice Garden Hotel Kumily
- Shalimar Spice Garden Thekkady
- Shalimar Spice Garden - An Amritara Private Hideaway Thekkady, Kerala