This is a great property with very green and verdant surroundings. It is a bit away from the main strip of hotels and is a little cumbersome to get to if you do not have a car. But the seclusion is worth it as it is a very quiet and lovely area. They even threw in a complimentary elephant ride which was ok. We got a complimentary upgrade to the Honeymoon suite which was a very comfortable secluded room with a lot of privacy. It has a very cute sit out along with a stone bench at the rear where you can enjoy your morning coffee amidst the green surroundings. It is a bird watchers paradise and we saw quite a few species of birds. The room is furnished tastefully and was a bit warm in April in the night (there is no air conditioning and a heater doubles up as an air blower). The food in the restuarant is good with a lot of continental variety. We were however a bit disappointed with the taste of the local Kerala fare as it didn't taste very authentic. The spice garden tour is interesting and worth the walk if you are interested in the property and the stuff they grow there. The staff are friendly but not very knowledgable in English so it can take a while to get your message across. The swimming pool is nice but was a bit cold due to the rains. They have an amazing spa with great treatments and my wife had a blast. There is only the common TV if you are hooked to the idiot box. All in all, a great property for your stay there and worth every penny.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The bridge to Shalimar, over a mountain stream meandering through the resort, transcends you to another world, seemingly untouched by man. Shalimar Spice Garden is a celebration of scents and colours. Pepper vines snake through your room balconies, butterflies dance to the sound of silence and orchids smile into your windows every morning. This Sublime Journey through waterfalls, tea estates, spice & vegetable plantations, and Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary only enhances the invitation to live the Shalimar experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Shalimar Spice Garden - An Amritara Private Hideaway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shalimar Spice Garden Hotel Kumily
- Shalimar Spice Garden Thekkady
- Shalimar Spice Garden - An Amritara Private Hideaway Thekkady, Kerala