Wrote the first ever review of this in 2005 - revisited in 2011. Great to see bathrooms updated- so they are spending money and v tastefully done. Staff as charming as ever- and food very good for dinner- superb pickles and some to take home as well! Only downside is pool no larger- and when we were there a few families so not enough sunbeds and had lost its tranquility of yesteryear. That's progress I guess. Anyway glad to see it's done deservedly well, and nice to escape the touristy side of Thekaddy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The bridge to Shalimar, over a mountain stream meandering through the resort, transcends you to another world, seemingly untouched by man. Shalimar Spice Garden is a celebration of scents and colours. Pepper vines snake through your room balconies, butterflies dance to the sound of silence and orchids smile into your windows every morning. This Sublime Journey through waterfalls, tea estates, spice & vegetable plantations, and Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary only enhances the invitation to live the Shalimar experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Booking.com, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HRS so you can book your Shalimar Spice Garden - An Amritara Private Hideaway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shalimar Spice Garden Hotel Kumily
- Shalimar Spice Garden Thekkady
- Shalimar Spice Garden - An Amritara Private Hideaway Thekkady, Kerala