“my visit to Dreamland home stay..”

Dream Land Homestay
and 1 more site!
Dream Land Homestay
Bijapur, India
“my visit to Dreamland home stay..”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

its an awesome place to stay,nice rooms,good food and superb hospitality... the owner Mr Varkey alias is of friendly nature ,who made our stay homely... the home was quite,calm with all resources to make tourists happy..the clean and safe environment was liked by my kids... its the best place for a home stay in Thekkady for the tourists..

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

3 Thank sharatvkbjp

Solo
Business
kottayam
Reviewed November 15, 2013

the dreamland cottages have been built, on concrete stilts, into the side of the slope. The balcony cottage overhangs the valley, providing a deep and uninterrupted view into the beauty of thekkady. The effect is that it feels like you're living in a tree house.

Relaxing on my balcony, I was immediately aware of nature gently working its soothing wonders on my body, which was tense from the journey. I found it easy to imagine I was the only person on earth.

Normally, I don't like to get up too early in the morning, but the host's photos of the sunrise convinced me that it was a sight to behold. I left the blinds in my cottage open, and woke up to a sky stained with hues of deep red and orange. This gradually gave way to yellow, as the sun began peaking above the horizon. Soon, the whole valley was illuminated in its warm glow.

There was such an incredible feeling of stillness. I sat on my balcony, with piping hot coffee from the home, and immersed myself in the morning's energy.

The cottages are priced at a reasonable rate compared to other home stays including breakfast.

With the exception of afternoon snacks, all meals are served in the hosts' home. I feasted on an appetizing variety of traditional Kerala cuisine, which is quite mild and coconut based. As to be expected on a coffee estate, there was no shortage of fine filtered coffee.

In addition, the hosts surprised me with a number of tasty treats. Upon arrival, I was greeted with a sweet welcome drink made out of coconut milk. In the evening, I relaxed with a glass or two of fruit wine, made on the estate from homegrown champa fruit.

A really appealing thing about dreamland home stay is the hosts' organic fruit and vegetable garden.I was delighted to be able to sample fresh guava, limes, and other fruit picked straight from the trees.

According to the host, birds love to eat the fruit that's growing on the estate, leaving only around 25% of the crop. I can see why. It's so succulent.

It's possible to watch the food being prepared, and even participate in the cooking process. I find that it's easiest to learn Indian cooking through observation, making this a rare opportunity to uncover a few secrets.

i visited thekkady in the mid of july.it was a awesome trip with a memorable homestay.special thanks to dreamland homestay.appam and egg curry is the special breakfast of the homestay.the care of the people is another remarkable thing.i personally suggest dream land home stay as the rates r reasonably cheap and the home stay is excellent

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank abin3091
dreamland434, Manager at Dream Land Homestay, responded to this review, November 18, 2013