Mickey's Homestay
$65
Beaumont Plantation Retreat(Thekkady)(Great Value!)
$45
Hotel Ambadi(Thekkady)
$30
$23
  • Restaurant
Jungle Park Resort(Thekkady)(Great Value!)
$44
$36
  • Breakfast included
Jungle Palace Homestay(Thekkady)(Great Value!)
$25
$21
White House(Thekkady)
$26
$68
Highrange Residency(Kumily)(Great Value!)
$24
  • Restaurant
All reviewsmosquito netarrange toursroom was cleanspent nightshome from homefirst floorwould stay here againattached balconyguest housetea plantationshort staywalking distancehot waterwarm welcomespice gardenmickeyshomestay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

Nice and helpful family. Walking distance from the bus station. Nice room with hot water in the bathroom! No wifi in the room only on the doorstep of the house of the owners. Remember to buy toilet paper and soap which is not included in the price. There is a little kiosk next door.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Hannepanne1978
Reviewed February 22, 2014

I stayed 2 weeks in Kerala and Tamil Nadu , Mickey Home Stay is probably the best place we stayed at .
They don't do breakfasts and meals but there are plenty of lovely places nearby or even round the corner !
The room was clean , nice views over a bit of forest from the balcony where one can relax .In the morning we saw many birds .
We were welcome at the bus station and we got a rickshaw to the home stay , but we could have walked ( we did when we left) .
Very good place .....but don't tell everyone !!! I want to get back there sometime ..

Room Tip: We had the top room with balcony , lovely .
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank vevebees
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Lovely homestay, easy walk to restaurants. Rooms are spacious and clean. I stayed in the White Room with its cozy balcony and a tv for those rare moments you may want to see what’s going on in the world.

Sujatha! What a wonderful hostess. Warm, down-to-earth and sincere are adjectives to describe this lady. As part of my Keralan tour with personal driver I felt a bit out of place after staying at higher category homestays. Mikey’s homestay is in fact the kind of lodging I should have had the whole time. It was the relaxed, authentic experience I was hoping for. What a delight to arrive here. The fact that the weather was the poorest of my 10 days in Kerala wasn’t an issue (apart from the fact that the morning boat ride was a flop; animals were rare because of the rain.) I felt at home and was able to relax. On the last evening Sujatha knocked at my door, she wanted me to witness the “parade.” Seems that each evening at sunset there are innumerable bats flying overhead. She wasn’t sure if I’d seen the spectacle the night before and wanted to make sure I didn’t miss it. Thank you for the unique experience.

Room Tip: The Terracotta room has best Wifi reception.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed January 26, 2014

We were on a year long trip and had spent three months traversing India. On reaching Kerala under our own steam, we were instantly enchanted and as soon as we turned into the lane where Sujantha and Mickey have their homestay, we felt that we were home! The lane is so familiar, if you come from an English village, and the welcome was so natural that we instantly relaxed on our balcony overlooking a blossoming garden.
We ate every day at Johns Pepper Garden just down the lane to Sujantha's house and can't praise the owner, John, highly enough. We had somehow stumbled upon a set of people, Sujantha, Mickey, John and Mr Sebastien ( spice garden) who are very special indeed.... I will return to Kerala one day. The region is truly beautiful and the hospitality may be simple in its presentation, but rich in its genuineness.
And, just in case anyone thinks we were a pair of back packers looking for something cheap, nothing could be further from the truth. Middle aged and reasonably well groomed, always, we were looking for meaningful experiences in this awesome country.... Mickey's Place was a lovely haven from which we were able to explore.

Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Isawtheelephant
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Forget this place Don´t stay there this Familie Sold me a Jeep Safari for the Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary. Were i Had to pay 2,000 INR per Person plus 300INR Entrance Fee. It´s Okay for a Jeep Safari but the way they do it it´s awful. Pick Up time was 5:15am Sunrise was around 6:40am. The driver was not able to Speak one work English. He droped us at 7:10am at one Eco Lodge where we had do Wait for 1 ½ Hours to get some Breakfast. Still no Jeep Safari!! Now a Trekking Guid take over and we went for 3 Hours Trekking around the Eco Lodge. Back there we had to Wait for Lunch. We try to ask when we start with the Jeep Safari they told us that we done the Jeep Safari in the Morning. The Jeep Safari Start in front of the Hotel on a tarred road and finished still on a tarred road near the Eco Lodge. The road we used is the connecting of a few villages insinde the Nature Reserve, there is every houre bus and a lot of rickshaw traffic. So no chance to spot some animal´s!!!
Don´t go to this place if you know how a Jeep Safari should be!!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends