“Great place”
Review of Dean Dale Cottages

Dean Dale Cottages
Ranked #8 of 122 Thekkady B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We've been to refered to DeanDale cottage, and I've got to say that I was really impressed the moment I saw it, it was like a home, with clean and spacious rooms, I could not have asked for more. The hosts were very warm and welcoming, they even taught us to cook traditional indian food which was a totally amazing experience! They also provide us with touristic informations offered in Thekkadi. I would recommend this place to anyone staying in Thekkadi.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
DEAN DALE C, Owner at Dean Dale Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

There are newer reviews for Dean Dale Cottages

Reviewed July 17, 2013

We have just been at Dean Dale Cottages and I cannot think of a better place to stay or better people to stay with in Thekkady. Cheryl and her family are very kind and helpful, the rooms are spacious and safe and much better than some other places where I have stayed. The prices are very reasonable and I would recommend Deal Dale Cottages.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Phillips1988

Reviewed July 5, 2013

My partner and I stayed with Cheryl and her family for a couple of weeks as part of a long trip around India. The room we were given at Dean Dale Cottages was the largest and cleanest we had found anywhere in India for the price.. we were so happy when we arrived, we did a little dance around the room :)

We had called ahead to book and so someone was waiting to pick us up when we got off our bus, even though our bus was very late. Cheryl was really warm and welcoming. She can arrange sight-seeing for you if you would like, and has lots of information on the local area.

Breakfast is here lovely, and when Cheryl worked out that I like to have tea in the mornings before breakfast (I cannot function without caffeine first thing), she brought me, every day, a flask of beautiful chai to the room as soon as she saw I was awake. I really appreciated it. Staying here feels like being part of the family. We were so comfortable, we stayed much longer than anticipated, and got to share in the amazing Onam celebrations.

If you want somewhere clean and nice to stay while you enjoy the Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary, I strongly recommend you stay here, especially if you are on a long trip around India. Travelling in India can be difficult and draining; Dean Dale Cottages is just the place to go for a bit of TLC!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lucy-E-K-G
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I had been to Dean Dale cottage for a week end. It was a memorable stay, neat and clean rooms, with a country atmosphere. The food was awsome and delicious. The ownener's Cherryl abd Bash were very hospitable and went all out to give us a good time. I strongly recommend you make a vist as I love the place

Room Tip: Have a look at Deandale Cottage and you will never regret
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Dexfer
Reviewed June 29, 2013

home sweet home ...
its a beautiful place ... the people over there are very kind ... they help you a lot to select the programmes ... the rooms are very clean ... the place is not noisy ... the view from there is very nice you see lots of birds ... the break fast is good not very expensieve ... hospitality is good ... you feel at home ... the town is just 2km from this homestay .. chery and basheer is very helpfull ... they will drop you where ever you want but they charge very lttle only for the desil ... i recommend this place to every over who ever is visiting kumily ... i really loved staying a this place ...

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
DEAN DALE C, Manager at Dean Dale Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

thanks for the review

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Just the perfect spot if one is looking for a quick unwind. The massage arranged by the hostess is really good, the hot water at Dean Dale is really HOT and the breakfast is tasty as well. I visited solo this time around and felt perfectly safe. Looking forward to my next visit, next year!!

Room Tip: the rooms at the new house are really nice, comfy
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank hyacinthKannur

thanks for the review

Reviewed April 22, 2013

2 friends and I stayed at Dean Dale for only 2 nights but we really had a positive experience...not only because the rooms were clean for a reasonable price, but mostly because the family was so welcoming. They constantly asked us if we needed help organizing anything and offered us lifts if we needed it. I left that place very moved....

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends