“VERY GOOD LICATION & HOMLY ATMOSPHERE”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Thekkady
Hotel Sandra Palace
Ranked #19 of 43 Hotels in Thekkady
Reviewed March 14, 2012

Myself , Husband & my kids along with my husband's Brothers family had a weeks holiday at Kumali/Thekady and we stayed at this hotel . To my surprise , HOTEL SANDRA PALACE was excellent than I expected in such a small township and at such a cheap cost.

The hotel was excellent and they served top quality food, which was liked my kids ( who always complaints about bad food) and both the families liked our stay there.

We have travelled from Manchester ( Uk) and we were recommended by one of our family friend from other part of UK.
I really thanks him for suggesting this hotel for our stay. I will come again to Hotel Sandra Palace, if we are coming to vist Kumali or Tekkady again in the near future......

I HIGHLY REVOMMEND EVERYONE WHO LIKE TO VISIT KUMALI OR THEKKADY, TO BOOK AND ENJOY YOUR STAY AT HOTEL SANDRA PALACE.

NB:
The staff and management are very helpful and acts like your own family members.

• Stayed: February 2012
3  Thank AnsonStephen

Reviewed March 12, 2012

I use to visit Thekkady and nearby areas almost every year as part of a my holidays to India, from Liverpool (UK). I fist visited this hotel about three years ago and since then, when ever i visit kerala, i use to stay at HOTEL SANDRA PALACE. There rooms are bigger than average and there toilets are spacious. during my week long stays during the past three years I found Hotel Sandra Palace a very suitable, economic and very clean.
The staff are well experienced and able to adive you about various local attractions and the directions and seasonal entiretainments around the hotel.
The resturant was in one way or the other was brillient and the food served were of excellent quality and taste. ( I wish to return there just to have the various food again & again).
my whole family ( wife and three kids) was extremly happy with the stay at this hotel and i Highly recommend this hotel to all my friends and other visitors palning to visit Tekkady or near by place in future.

Room Tip: the front rooms with the view of the church is excellent, but due to heavy traffic sometimes can be...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank LIONSTESON
Reviewed February 28, 2012

i've been to kerala last month.. and had a wonderful experience over the visit. i had a stay at kumarakom, munnar , alleppy, and thekkady. the service i got here was so hospitable and the food was awesome. ethnic kerala cuisine is the trademark. its an economical hotel suitable for families..since it is safe and secure.. i will definitely choose to stay there next time i visit kerala.

Room Tip: choose the room facing the road to get the view of the church tower infront.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank PERIN123
Reviewed November 21, 2011

The food of this hotel is horrible . We ate half , wastage of money .When we stayed there for a day , the construction of the lift was going on .. O! God we could not take rest due to the unbearable noise . We were told to adjust . After some argument a temporary arrangement was made.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank twinklyanoushka
Reviewed November 18, 2011

stayed in feb 2010 for 2 nights. very good location. on the main way towards the boat ride.looks like a new place with good rooms. food also good but may bring variety in b/f. helpful staff. kathakali centre and massage centre just opposite side of hotel. all shops are nearby. should stay there. btw batroom was so big but why the tub was not there?? may be not in 1700 room but in highe room. also a beatiful church just oppasite.

Room Tip: rood side rooms amy be bit noisy.
  • Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank DevD2020
Reviewed October 12, 2011

Though we didn't stay here, we went to have lunch on Thursday, 6th October lured by their big advertisement (Briyani Fest - 2011) with heavy appetite at 1430 hours. On recommendation of the waiter (being spicy) , we ordered for the Malabar Fish & Mutton Briyani. We had to wait for nearly 30 minutes to get the ice cold briyani brought in matkas which was just mixed with masala and no trace of spicy. The waiters were uncultured and not orderly. We left the place with heavily disappointed and half filled stomach. All I could say to visitors is "Don't go by looks".

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank cg_maurice
Reviewed December 19, 2010

Stayed here for one night on 11th December. Despite insisting at the time of booking on an extra bed, they said they would only provide a floor mattress. But even to get this done was a mission, as we asked several times for it to be done, and nobody actually did anything. Finally demanded at reception that it get done while we were out and they promised it would be. Sure enough when we returned to the room hours later, no sign of it - the mattress was in the corridor, I was tempted to do it myself. Finally got someone to put it and he was very rude. On the plus side, the restaurant wasn't bad and the hotel is conveniently located to shops (including Ayurvedic treatments) and entertainment (Kathakali)

Stayed: December 2010