“Least expected- but nice resort”

ABAD Green Forest Resort
Ranked #12 of 43 Hotels in Thekkady
Reviewed November 8, 2011

Thekkady was not our choice but we took it as we did not know much and expected Wild life animals and Kerala martial arts and dance performances. We were really disappointed by Thekkady as there was hardly anything to do there, but the saver was this resort. The pool, the room, the ambience everything was good minus the restaurant a small but with minimum options food availability. The location is good in the main market, but from outside you cannot make out the resort. The layout is spread inside. But beware of the monkeys here.

Room Tip: beware of the monkeys here
  • Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank S_Pravasi
There are newer reviews for ABAD Green Forest Resort

Reviewed October 29, 2011

Although my stay in Thekkady was just for 1 day, but the hotel experience was very nice and friendly. Thank you !!!

Room Tip: No second thoughts on selecting this hotel as your destination, you ll not be disappointed.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 26, 2011

I was visiting Hyderabad for work and decided to take a side trip to Kerala as everyone spoke of how beautiful it is, thus I began my research! I knew I wanted to stay near Peryinar Forest, but did not know which exact city to stay in, but expedia had recommended this resort with a great deal, thus I took it up. It was the most amazing experience. It is a bit of a car ride from Kochi, however well worth it. I was actually alone on my birthday and of course I would have rather been home, but this side trip was something I had to take. When checking in the hotel must have noticed it was my birthday as they called me in the morning to wish me happy birthday, which I thought was extremely thoughtful, but then when I was at breakfast they covered my room with flowers and then gave me a vase full of flowers ...and then they all made me a cake and sang me happy birthday it was soooo kind!

The hotel is centrally located, you can walk to multiple great places to eat and shop, the food in the hotel is also very good and not overpriced like most hotels. The manager of the hotel was wonderful about arranging any activities I wanted to try, he also tried to get me the best deals, which was very kind. The rooms are very clean, quiet and smell of lemon grass! I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed September 20, 2011

We enjoyed our stay here while we went on an elephant ride and took a boat trip on the lake. The rooms were comfortable and modern (our best bathroom in India!) and the breakfast was good. We didn't eat dinner here though as there is no license for alcohol. We went up the road instead to the Spice Garden which was very nice. Staff were polite and scattered flowers on our bed after we commented on how beautiful they were - a nice touch! When our onward journey was delayed we were allowed to return to our room to wait, which was very helpful.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 10, 2011

We had a great stay at this hotel in Kumily, near Thekkady. We are a family of 4 and the room we got was big enough with clean toilets and good ambience, looking out into a nice estate ground.

I need to call out the chef and the dinner staff in particular. We landed up late and only wanted a quick bite. But buffet was the only option available per hotel policy. Luckily the chef came out and he heard our conversation and immediately offer to make us anything we wanted. The staff also got us some stuff from the buffet for no additional charge! The the food was excellent. The seafood soup was a killer (in a nice way)!

It is situated close to any place worth seeing in Kumily or Thekkady. Its almost bang opposite to Kadathanadan kalari, which is a traditional martial arts theater (btw, don't miss this show, it choreographed very well and the staff is very friendly).

Its within 5 minutes drive of the forest reserve, the elephant ride, spices/handicrafts-shopping, spice-garden tours, other restaurants and the town itself. Club Mahindra is as big as it gets in this part of the state but this Abad hotel is value for money, and for those who don't plan to spend all their time in the hotel, this is an ideal place without compromising on service, amenities, cleanliness or location.

Its also driver-friendly. The hotel arranged for our driver to stay in a good lodge next to the hotel for about $5 a night.

I recommend this hotel for 3-star value, and I don't think anything in this town beats this place in this category.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank bale10
Reviewed September 3, 2011

BOOKED VIA iNTERNET .. Arrived to a very warm and friendly welcome. 5 of us with heavy baggage which was dealt with quickly and efficiently.. Rooms were superb, very clean, comfy beds, everything provided we could need. Extremely well maintained. I have stayed in several hotels in Tekkadi area, this was / is by far the best. Highly recommended. Review name : ILOVESWITZERLAND. UK

Room Tip: Monkeys on balcony in the morning - we had been warned!
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank iloveswitzerland0
Reviewed June 6, 2011

We had been at Abad's Green Forest for the weekend of Good Friday. I got a package of 2N/3D for Rs. 5000/- inclusive of breakfast. Though the room i had booked was not available, the Manager upgraded me to a cottage free of cost. Wonderful gesture. Good food for dinner. Though i wished they could provide for South Indian Thali meals. Lunch menu i feel needs to be changed. Hotel was right in the middle of Spice Street. Five minutes to boating point. Overall had a pleasnt stay and shall certainly come back. Extremely worth the money u spend.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family