“The perfect place to relax and unwind!”
Review of Tabernacle Resort

Tabernacle Resort
Ranked #30 of 43 Hotels in Thekkady
“The perfect place to relax and unwind!”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Upon recommendation from a friend, my husband and I stayed at the resort during a recent trip from America to Kerala. The only way to describe it is being at one with nature. This is truly the way to experience India. You feel an instant sense of calm as you pull up to the beautiful compound. The staff is extremely helpful and ensures the rooms are kept clean and comfortable with many Western amenities. We enjoyed fishing and lovely nature walks. The food is authentic Kerala style...but the cook indulged my craving for French fries too!

One of the most amazing things about this resort is that it shares a border with the Periyar Tiger Reserve (don't worry - you are safe!!). It is also located in the midst of a working cardamom plantation. Amazing to see!

When you get back to the States, your friends will be amazed at all you got to see and experience!

• Stayed March 2012
4 Thank Ljm1982

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Initially i was apprehensive since this resort is not heard of or could not find much reviews, but i thought il take a chance. I went with a friend of mine and just loved the place. I being a lover of nature and calmness, this was the ideal place and discovered that i was in the midst of it. The most beautiful property i have seen, with breath taking views, lakes which even has boating/ fishing facility. The most exciting was i caught my own fish and the resort cook cooked it for me. It was fresh tasty hot fish. I also went for treks into the wildlife tiger reserve which is adjacent to the resort! My friend and I loved to see wild animals at close range! we had a great time...and unwinded ourselves.

Room Tip: Go for fishing and Trekking!!!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Chennai304556
Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed August 28, 2012

I stayed in Tabernacle resorts for 3 nights in May with my family. I had such a wonderful time..the location of the resort is just breath taking. I stayed at one of their cottages and the view from it was amazing! the cottage was well kept and very cozy to be in. The service was splendid and the food was mouth watering. I enjoyed the stay, the estate owners and workers were very accommodating and took us around and told us what all to do and where all to go. We enjoyed our vacation in Thekkedy and felt as if we were home away from home! we would be going back next year again for sure!!!

Room Tip: Go for the Cottages!!!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family