We stayed here for one night as part of a package tour, so I can't comment on whether the hotel is good value for money or not, but overall it was an excellent stay that I am happy to recommend.
- Very clean rooms (albeit with a wet bathroom that doesn't separate toilet from shower)
- Free wifi in the lobby
- Helpful staff who told us how best to score a visit to Periyar Lake, though they didn't seem very clear on how to get tickets in advance
- Limited but tasty breakfast with a dosa and omelette station
- Cheeky restaurant that overcharged us for food we ordered for lunch (though it tasted good)
Overall, the hotel was nice, with a good location and comfortable, clean rooms -- I'm happy to recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The paradise concealed within the enigmatic spice gardens. Michaels Inn is the place where you want to stay in at Thekkady. Tucked away in the midst of verdant tea and spice gardens of the Western Ghats, Michael's Inn stands close to the Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary. Nestled in the very heart of a host of inspiring surroundings, Michael's Inn offers you the very best, with an elegant combination of native beauty, rural serenity and modern amenities. Let Michael's Inn look after you. Caressed by the nature around, this fine tavern helps you to discover Thekkady. Witness the pageantry of natural forces at work from a stage set in at a magnificent place by the name, Michael's Inn. Cradled in an exquisite altitude of the Sahyadris, Michael's Inn is sure to provide a different facet of nature to the discerning nature lovers At Michael's Inn our motto is 'It is very personal'. True to the motto we maintain a very personal experience to the guests visiting us. We provide a neat, clean and friendly environment at Michael's Inn. The guests can be assured that in trying to keep up with our motto and policies we are willing to travel the extra mile to meet their expectations. A weary traveller should always leave us with a refreshed and relaxed mind and body. Comfort prevails in our comfy rooms, roomy enough to house the fresh air. Nature and culture, ethnic and luxury, all these in several forms enliven lives at Michael's Inn. Life is a splendid affair in the company of virgin nature. Live in and revive your smile. All sorts of modern amenities accompany the 25 well designed air-conditioned and non-air conditioned rooms. Eat Inn - the rich taste of an enriching Kerala cuisine. The aromatic spices bring out a special flavour to the food varieties that's especially lip smacking. The multi-cuisine restaurant serves delicious food extending the excitement. The choice of food includes Kerala delicacies, as we've emphasised, Indian, Continental and Chinese. Let Michael's Inn treat your taste buds with the exotic aroma and delicious food that's specially prepared with lots of love and skill. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Michael's Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Michael's Inn Thekkady, Kerala