“Best seafood restaurant”
Review of Kingsbay

Kingsbay
Ranked #8 of 156 Restaurants in Kozhikode
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Best seafood restaurant”
Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

Very delicious seafood and very cheap . The best in Calicut. if I will go to Calicut again . This is where I will get my dinner again :-)

1 Thank Mehdi M

Mumbai (Bombay), India
“great food!”
Reviewed May 26, 2014

Had lunch at this well appointed, welcoming restaurant & we were in for a real treat! The soups were good & portions large; also recommended is the prawn ghee roast-really yummm! There's also the usual 'Chinese' & 'Continental' options, some of them very good indeed. would definitely love to go back for a meal.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank sunflower01
Chennai (Madras), India
“Amazing location & building”
Reviewed May 15, 2014

We went in for dinner with family. The place is an old, refusbished customs house. The place has been restored with love and attention to detail. The location is also excellent, close to the beach.

The food was good too, the fish curries were well cooked and tasty, the mussels fried were good but not as good as the one in paragon. The chocolate pudding was excellent.

Ambience and service was excellent too, attentive and the food comes quickly. The prices are a little high for the quality but the overall experience was very satisfactory.

• Visited May 2014
india
“Excellent sea food”
Reviewed March 3, 2014

very good location away from city havocs. There's no parking place.Very nice ambience. Great food and service.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank shahidlamiya
Kozhikode, India
“Worst Food,service,price you can ever had.. ONLY Seafood is just okay”
Reviewed February 8, 2014

BAD SERVICE,Worst North Indian veg I ever had,OVERCHARGED,SMALL QUANTITY(acc to the price).I wouldn't recommend this restaurant for the veggies, as there menu is too small. And coming to the north Indian non-veg lovers I wouldn't recommend it to, there dishes are not even 1/10th part of the real north Indian non-veg(as told by friend).

They say they have Hyderabad and Lucknowee Biryaani, I guess there chef doesn't know anything about Lucknow and Hyderabad food. It's very immature to just give BIG BRANDED WORDS LIKE HYDERABADI AND LUCKNKOWee food just to SHOWOFF and be fool their costumers.
And the worst thing that I found,they literally made an illegal mistake,the price for an item was written Rs.210 but the bill made of Rs.250 and when we asked him to change the price the person changed it for another item,that made a clear technical issue "There billing system is not the actual,they can put any item cost on there own wish,instead it was expected to be absolute and acc. to the menu price."

Bad service: As being veg I ordered "paneer tikka masala,but after a long wait of 45min what I got was CHICKEN TIKKA MASALA,"then I have to wait 20min more to get my order. My friends ordered 2 Mexican coffee one hot and one cold,and what they got was 2 Hot mexican coffee.
The waiter kept the butter roti in the beginning without giving the curry. and he bought the curry after 30MINUTES...!!!

• Visited February 2014
kingsbaycalicut, Owner at Kingsbay, responded to this review, March 22, 2014
we are extremely sorry for the bitter eperience you had to go through my restaurant
first of all we are mainly into global seafood cuisine's and not much into veg dishes and thats one reason the choice for veg is less in the menu.

dont know why and how come you and your friends didnt like our north indian dishes especially the hyderbadi biriyani as thats one dish which has been widely accepted among our guests in the indian category,we will surely update with the kinda standard you expected form us and really appreciate your open comment and suggestion.

looking forward to see you soon again