We had planned to get together with college buddies for new year bash. Our aim was to stay in the room, just enjoy some chitchats and get a good room service so that we dont need to go out for drinks/food. But the experience we had was terrible. We had come in our own car - 6months old punto of my friend. They asked us to park inside their compound in some place. Then we checked in. The treatment from the front desk itself was horrible. Every room service we ask for will take minimum 1hour with multiple reminders. We were frustrated with the first request itself. We asked for 2 additional glasses and it came after 1 hour with multiple reminders. We asked for coffee, they brought it without sugar cubes that too after same horrible delay. Overall room service was pathetic. The only thing good about the service was room cleaning though that also was delayed. We went to the poool and it was not so clean. But with our other experiences, our expectation was only that. The worst experience came when somebody scratched on our new car with key or some sharp object. When we asked about this to the front desk, they told just write the complaint and leave. Instead of receiving a comfort answer their approach was dirty. And other horrible thing was there was no one responsible for us to talk to. The GM is always in meeting and the manager doesnt come out as well. These hotel persons dont have responsibilities for anything happening there. So below are my suggestions
1. Dont ever go to this hotel.
2. Room service is terrible
3. Front desk people are arrogant and they dont know how to behave to people.
4. If you have a car, dont imagine to go there even for a drink
5. If you are a foreigner, be careful because they dont have any responsibility for anything happening there.
6. Complementart bouffet is horrible as well.
This was me and my friends one night stay experience. God only knows what would have happened to whoever is staying for one week or so.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- District. The town has been in the forefront of modern education in Kerala from the nineteenth century. Kottayam is a very tropical area with many IsA downtown Deluxe Hotel, located in Kottayam, Kerala. It is the gateway to Kumarakom. The most sought after tourist destination in Kottayam. Situated in the most picturesque surrounding of the Vembanad Lake, this leisure hotel stands above the rest in style, class and luxury. Set on a sprawling 20 acres of lush foliage and landscaped lawns this leisure hotel provides the ideal getaway for a relaxed and enriching experience. Complementing the imposing façade of the exteriors, are the equally inviting interiors. Right from the atrium to the rooms, all are done elegantly, pleasantly merging with the modern comforts that the hotel imparts. Kottayam is a city and a municipality in the Indian state of Kerala. An important trading center of commercial crops and a publishing centre in Kerala, Kottayam is also the administrative capital of Kottayam lands and Backwaters. The village of Kumarakom is a cluster of little islands on the Vembanad Lake in Kottayam. Accommodation at Windsor Castle Kottayam, Kerala, India Standard Room Standard Rooms provide cozy comfort and charming view with basic, standard amenities and furnishings and round the clock room service. Deluxe Room Deluxe Rooms provide ultimate comfort and charming view of surrounding area coupled with their round the clock room service and all modern facilities. Being situated far from the madding crowd of city and surrounded beautiful sceneries, the rooms provide peaceful stay. Suite Room A suite offer with more space and furniture than a standard room. It included a living area with sofa set . The smartly designed rooms and suits offer warmth and personalized service which are hallmark of Windsor castle hospitality . The rooms are designed to provide the right ambience and comfort for a relaxing stay for the traveler . Dining at Windsor Castle Kottayam, Kerala, India Lake Paradise A multi cuisine restaurant and coffee shop serving different cuisine like Chinese, Indian and continental . With its exquisite ambiance and its scenic view of the lake, it is one of the most luxurious fine dining restaurant in Kottayam. Nalukettu Located by the side of the lake, Nalukettu is built in traditional Kerala architecture. The only star classified authentic Kerala restaurant in town, serving delicacies like Kerimeen pollichadu, Kappa, Meen Vattichadum, Appam, Duck Roast etc. The Club With the stock of finest spirits, the club is one of the finest executive bar in Kottayam serving a variety of Cocktails, Mocktails and many more. The Cake Shoppe A variety of sweets, desserts and cookies awaits you at this cake shop, you can order the cake of your choice for any occasion in wide variety of favors and shapes. Pool Side ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Cancelon, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Windsor Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Windsor Castle Hotel Kottayam
- Windsor Castle Hotel Kottayam
- Windsor Castle Kottayam
- The Windsor Castle Kottayam, Kerala, India