“very nice owners, I enjoyed the stay!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kottayam
Kanjirakkattu Heritage Home
Reviewed May 15, 2012

When travelling in Kerala in March 2012 i spent only one night in this homestay but enjoyed it very much. Priya and her mother were so nice and i had a very warm welcoming - they wanted me to feel at home and that was really relaxing before my adventure on the Backwaters.
Dinner was quite good and in the end Priya didn't want me to pay for it - so i got it for free! I'm not sure if she's a little bit aware that the room price is too high and this was the reason why i got it cheaper...and this is the only reason why i don't give 5 stars to this nice homestay - compared to the prices in India it's too expensive, but because i was booking it at home it seemed to be cheap. I learned after one week that they have really different prices in India - everything is so cheap and you can sleep for 300-600INR/night (which i did at the end of the trip) but on the other hand Homestays offer much for what you pay and so i think it was ok!
I can definitely recommend this Homestay!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Elisabeth A
There are newer reviews for Kanjirakkattu Heritage Home

Reviewed March 9, 2012

Wonderful hospitality and lovely food. Pachu and his grandma really made us feel at home. They made us feel at home (they even arranged a car for us to take us to train station at 2 am!)
A beautiful family, thanks!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank nayra b
Reviewed March 4, 2012

We spent two nights in this homestay. Priya and her family were very welcoming. The garden and the homestay are very attractive and clean.Good Food and a pleasure to stay with such a nice family

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank laylamai
Reviewed February 27, 2012

This was a wonderful three night stay in a lovely quiet house with a lovely family. The food was unbelievably good, with fresh fruit juices, salad and Keralan food. We loved hearing about Pachu's school day and so much enjoyed Priya's warm welcome and companionship. I certainly hope that someday I can go back.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank sunny168
Reviewed January 6, 2012

We were a family of 16 people and Priya has made excellent arrangements for all of us. She also gave yes good suggestions on the places to visit.We reached the home stay at Midnight still she was there welcoming us with a warm smile. The garden and the home stay are very beautiful. A wonderful place to stay. sure will be back someday if i get a chance.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank DeviArchana
Reviewed August 18, 2011

Stayed 4 nights..Elegant old house ( 75 years old approx) Priya & her mum are very nice hosts..room is very nice & spacious (mix of antic furniture ) nice garden..all is VERY clean. Food is basic Indian ..fish,vegetables etc.. & if you want anything special just ask Priya.Town center is at 7 mtes with a rickshaw, Priya can book Ayureveda treatments for you too & gave me some good tips e.g...trip on the backwaters for Rs10 ! ( normal ferry ) which was super..3 hours cruise !

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed June 20, 2011

We were referred to this wonderful place by a friend and I wanted to stay there during my family trip to Kerala.Right from day one when we landed at this place,we were received cordially and made to feel at home at once.Ms.Priya (the owner),her mother and Pachu (her son) were very well mannered and excellent people.My kids immediately hit it off with Pachu and they made a good friend in him.Ms.Priya further helped us with our travel to Munnar and to Kumarakom.She even advised us on fares and prices so that we do not end up overspending.The dishes provided to us were authentic kerala fare that we so thoroughly enjoyed,as her mom was an excellent cook.I would suggest this place to stay for all people inyending to visit kerala.My kids and wife keep perstering me to plan another trip to this place which is another home away from home.All our best wishes to Ms.Priya & her family! Thank you again!

Room Tip: All rooms are good
  • Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family