“Good food, low cost, not well maintained”
Review of Park Central

and 1 more site!
Park Central
Ranked #134 of 227 Hotels in Kochi (Cochin)
Reviewed July 27, 2013

I stayed in Park Central for 2 nights. It was my first trip to Cochin and I am still in the experience of the beauty of Kerala. I had a seminar in the main hall of this hotel so I chose to stay in it, so about the hotel, well:

+'s = Food (well it was awesome and its not expensive at all), arrangements for seminar were good, staff was prompt.

need to improve
^'s = room quality and maintenance, door stoppers (the doors band to a close), Cleanliness, lighting in lobby and corridors, A/C ducts.

My room A/C started throwing some black flakes of dust and I asked them to do something about it. Finally they had to change the room which was a little better than this.

Please do comment if you need more information.

Thanks

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
5  Thank Naval G

Reviewed July 9, 2013

A few other reviewers have said the same as me and I agree. This was out first stop in Kerala, and...we already knew this was going to be geared towards Indian business men. The hotel itself is small, NO pool. If you're looking for a pool this isn't the place! The rooms were of an OK standard and the hotel itself is quite small I would say. We were here for 3 nights.

Location wise? It's a short walk to the vibrant huge bustle of Cochin, a very busy and very long road full of crazy traffic and shops, buses...locals...supermarkets. It was fun to discover the area. The main road is out of the hotel and to the left. Our first day we turned right, and came across a much quieter route with some nice churches to visit (Kerala has a huge Christian community)

But what I really wanted to talk about was the food. This hotel has two adjoining establishments, spice.....something..and I can't remember the other one, but they are right next door to each other just outside the doors of the hotel. We actually only ate at these restaurants each night as Cochin was quite daunting and the food was outstanding. The restaurant is dark, yes..but a nice ambience. Cheap food, geared towards regular businessmen means you are getting true authentic Keralan food! The best we ate in Kerala.

Not many facitilies unfortunatley but we weren't there for that, we were there to see Cochin.

Don't miss out on walking down to the dock. You can get a 2.5 hour boat trip for about 3 pounds that takes you out onto the water with music playing and nice cups of Indian masala tea! Well worth the money for a bustling place that seems very much virtually tourist free.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Thomas O
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I had attend one event for one week in hotel Park central, It was very nice experience, especially Our last moment requirements they done with professional ways . When we meet our reservation time on wards , we get a homely feeling.
They provided Tasty food , and made homely atmosphere and very friendly staffs and management .
Our stay also had good experience here , some mosquito s disturbed us and little air condition problems , and reception was too slow,,, but overall it was Very good experience

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jose J
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Stayed herein Feb -13. Rooms are decent for the price charged. Veg food is good here. Rooms have mosquito problems especially on your first day of stay! Reception is of not much help even if you complaint about this. Calm and quiet stay and near to North railway station.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 17, 2012

I was on a business trip to cochin fro two days , and as I chose Park Central , i didnt have to look out any other restaurnat option because i was so addicted to the all spice indian and continental preparations.
The room service was swift and excellent to my needs , and the stay was economical and real value for money.last but not least, the aqua longue offered a perfect nightlife ambience...

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank deepak d
Reviewed October 9, 2012

the only reason for 5 starts is the service and the food, the staff was ok, couldn't communicate well, but i was on a holiday,not to communicate, so he didn't bother me much.the stay was for a day only.. and the pool table was not functional.....

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Manish S
Reviewed June 21, 2012

stayed at park central hotel after about two years, because no other accommodation was available. Before checking in, I clearly explained my previous experience to the front desk, they said we will take care, but same service issues with the hotel. There is no plug point working in the room, there are no hangers to put your cloths, water is coming out of tap dead slow, The towels placed in the bathroom are almost torn and dirty. The price they are charging this is definatly not they have to give us. Bathroom is not clean. Many times I called front desk and complained but no response.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business