I recently visited Kerala in December. I stayed in Koder House. It is a true Heritage category hotel. It is a three storey heritage hotel opposite the beach at Fort Kochi. It belongs to the earlier Cochin Jewish family (built in 1988). It is around 35-40 Km away from the Kochi Airport. I really enjoyed staying there. The accommodation was so good with true Indian heritage style. The bedrooms are huge with beautiful Indian wooden furniture and the bathrooms are so clean and attractive. The staffs were also very helpful and efficient. Kodar House has a unique history and is one of the best hotels in Fort Cochin. We had a breakfast with various variety of food especially Malabar fish/chicken. I must say that Kerala Malabar fish was so good. The stay was unforgettable. If anyone gets a chance to visit Kerala, must stay there and take an experience of true Indian Heritage.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Koder House. Koder House is a three-story heritage boutique hotel opposite the beach at Fort Kochi, Kerala, India. Until recently, it belonged to the most illustrious Cochin Jewish family, the Koders. This House had been a host to Presidents, Prime Ministers, Viceroys, Ambassadors, Nobel Laureates, Hollywood Directors and prominent dignitaries. This dwelling also finds a prominent place on Intach's list of heritage sites, and a visit to Fort Kochi is considered to be incomplete without a visit to this historic monument. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Koder House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Koder House Hotel Kochi (Cochin)
- Koder Hotel Kochi
- Koder House Kochi (Cochin), India - Kerala