Kannankeril Homestay
Brunton Boatyard(Kochi (Cochin))
$207
$157
Agoda.com
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 18, 2013

We stayed 10 nights.
Lovely family,delicous home cooked Kerelan food better than a restaurant,comfortable rooms and beds.
Perfect host,Babu made us so welcome we felt like friends rather than guests.
Wonderful value for money.
So relaxing,would recommend to everyone.
Sheatha and Anna did to make us welcome in your home.
The reviews are well deserved.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank argent68
cochinbackwaters, Owner at Kannankeril Homestay, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2013

Thank you for the review.
Glad to know that you had a good time with us.

Regards,

Reviewed November 25, 2012

its not a homestay its just like a home with careing environment ,awesome food amazing :) its excellent, main reason for us to come trip successful is Mr babu
a hearthly thanks for Mr. Babu Joseph making our trip wonderfull :)he arranged us backwater trip it was awesome with showing the culture and art of tribal people,guided us to wonderfull places in fortkochi, mattancherry and vypeen islands these are the awesome places we used to travel in boat its called as jetty everytime we like to travel in these kind of boats and after shopping everything Mr. babu used pick us from the place we are and used to the drop to wonderfull homestay.
while leaving we are feeling so bad that we are leaving such a wonderful atmosphere bt alast mr babu droped us in night to travels and gave a pleasent smile while he was about to move to his place:) he cares the people more and treats them has his own family ,
a heartly thanks from akash

Room Tip: a natural atmosphereic rooms with cool breeze
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 11, 2012

If you go to Kerala and want to have really experience of Kerala, their people and culture you should go to Babu home-stay and you want miss a thing. Babu and his lovely family helped us from the first start when we decided to come in Kerala. They arranged us a pick up from airport to his beautiful home-stay which is more than a home-stay. We sow many home-stays in Cochin and we were so happy we decided to stay at Babu because other which we saw on internet we saw in center part of Cochin and it was smelling like hell in front of them. We notice them with name we saw before on internet. We were so lucky because at Babu suburban house we had our peace, lovely bed and clean room and bathroom and BEST breakfast in whole India.
His wife is amazing cooker and she made for us traditional meals which we really enjoyed. My fiance don't like too much spice food so she made for him really terrific meal which he enjoyed. I once said I saw somewhere in book that "puttu" is really something and she didn't ask me anything but surprised me next day in morning with puttu on the table.. It was amazing!!!!!
Babu is really great, he helped us with everything, he arranged us backwater trip, he was with us to train station and buy for us ticket for a train to Kovalam, he took us to train station, wait with us train and come inside train to see did we find the seat and put the luggage. He care for us like we are little baby's and he was really a gentlemen.
After our trip in Kerala we decided to come back to Babu home because we had so much nice experience there and we wanted to finish our trip there. Babu pick up us with his car, took us to the Ernakulam were we were shopping and he took us back to their house. He always think about us and we feel safe there all the time.
About his house, it is amazing. It has lovely furniture, big rooms, and beautiful balcony with amazing garden. You feel like in little heaven.
One day we were walking near the house and we sow river and we wanted to stay there a little bit and almost all village come to see us and talk with us. Children were dancing for us, people gave us chairs to seat which we didn't need but they insisted and they give us coconut to drink, also they insisted.
I'm anthropologist and I really appreciate Babu and his family, they were really like my family there and I felt open to ask them everything about culture, customs ... :) You can write a book about his family and named it Place of heaven in Kerala.
Also, when we come back to Babu house I was little bit sick, I had temperature and they take care of me all the time, come with tea, with fried bananas (mmmmmm :)) and lemon juice and I felt like my mom is there.
I'm so sorry I couldn't write this review before, I had so much to do but I hope you will read it and experience this lovely place and you should know you will be very happy and you will find Kerala in one lovely house and make friends and memories for rest of your life!
Thank you Babu and family for everything, we wish you all the best!!!!
Big kiss from Croatia :*

Room Tip: They have two rooms, for couples is very nice one with big bed.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded July 13, 2012

Thank you for your review.
It is nice to hear from you that you had a good time with us.

Thank you once again.

Best wishes,

Reviewed June 15, 2012

I am very overdue in writing this review and in looking for holiday destinations this year I've been reminded how much I have relied on other peoples recommendations. Myself and a friend stayed with Babu in both his surburban homestay and the backwater home last year. We were only in Kerala for 10 days and seeing the positive reviews thought it would be a great way to start our holiday. I could not have been more right. Babu was fantasic - he and his family made us feel very welcome; Babu arranged our collection from the airport (brilliant after a long flight), helped us organise visits to local tourist attactions - my favourite being the backwater boat trip and elephant sanctuary! (although dont visit the 'zoo' after as the other animals are not well kept) and trips into Cochin; he even helped us book our train tickets to our next destination. The accommodation itself was very clean and spacious and the food made for us at both homestays was delicious. The accommodation is out of town but as Babu is happy and able to organise your travel to/ from wherever you wish to go, and we were only in Cochin for a couple of days, this was not a problem for us. Babu and his family go out of their way to make your stay a memorable one and im so glad we chose to do this rather than stay in hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Management response:Responded June 24, 2012

Thank you for your wonderful review.
It is great to know that you had a good time with us.
Best wishes,

Reviewed February 24, 2012

We stayed with Babu for the first 4 nights of our holiday in Kerala. Babu was there at the airport to meet us even though our arrival was at an ungodly hour and by the time we had gone through the many security checks to get out of the airport, we were later than arranged. Babu's homestay is clean and comfortable and his wife provided us with good Keralan breakfasts as well as dinners, all included in the very reasonable price. The homestay is not in a tourist area but Babu was very happy to transport us to Fort Kochi and Ernakulam, about a 15 min drive away, whenever we liked. There was a festival at the local church while we were there, which meant rather loud music all evening but otherwise it was quiet and peaceful. We enjoyed seeing the festival parade, which passed the gates. Babu and his family are hard working and deserving of success. Their homestay is to be recommended.

Room Tip: The front room has a balcony.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank elemsie
cochinbackwaters, Owner at Kannankeril Homestay, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2012

Thanks for your great review .
We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

Best wishes!