“A bit bad location, but with nice rooms and good service”
Review of Yuvarani Residency

Yuvarani Residency
Ranked #82 of 210 Hotels in Kochi (Cochin)
Sweden
“A bit bad location, but with nice rooms and good service”
Reviewed December 8, 2009

I booked the hotel from a hotel online page. The check-in was fast and I got advices on what to see in the city. The hotel has their own travel desk and from there you can get a map for free. The room we got was an AC room which was much bigger then a normal hotel room. The AC worked fine and the bath room was in good condition.

The hotel has their own restaurant, which serves average food but with good service.

• Liked — The service
  • Disliked — The location
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank Kebabpizza

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Hyderabad, India
Reviewed October 31, 2009

I went with mmy partner and i did liked the stay at this hotel all the facilities are exceptional and food was very expensive in the hotel's restaraunt and I suggest everyone to visit Saphire restaurant just outside the hotel food was great at very reasonable price and I made just 6 phone calls from hotels room and I was charged 120.00rs {for 10 mins duration for all the 6 calls} which was ridiculous.All in all it was great stay.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
5 Thank jeenu
ANCASTER
Reviewed April 30, 2008

Finally, a business class hotel in India with reasonable rates that compares favourably with its N. American counterparts. I stayed 2 nights at the Yuvarani Residency. Everything in my room was well maintained, and the room was very clean. Satellite television included BBC World. The staff were smart and professional, and the hotel has a good restaurant. It is well located a few blocks from Ernakulam Junction train station. I payed Rs1350 plus tax, and I highly recommend this hotel.

• Liked — Professionally run and maintained in a good location.
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled solo
5 Thank Doublefairlie
New York
Reviewed April 10, 2008

If it were possible to give the Yuvarani Residency a lower rating, I would do so.

After I arrived late at night - and after I'd been required to register - I was told that my confirmed reservation would not be honored, and that I would be charged the rack rate for my room. It was too late to find alternative accommodation for the night, so I chose to stay.

The lobby, public areas, and my room, were all uniformly grimy, tattered, and depressing. When I was unable to find the internet connection - advertised on the hotel website 'Internet Connection in Every Room' - I was told that I could dial-up my service provider using the telephone jack! By this standard, any location in the world with a telephone would apparently qualify for this premium service offered by the Yuvarani Residency.

When I checked out the following morning I was charged the full rack rate for the room - with no allowance made for the deposit I had paid with my online reservation.

It may be that, some time in the past, the Yuvarani Residency qualified as an attractive choice for modestly priced accommodation in Cochin. The effect of positive reviews by some well-known guide books seems to have been that the hotel has just given up trying, and is relying on the afterglow from those reviews. That glow is not warranted.

In the category of damning with faint praise, I would have to admit that the air conditioner, while antique, did cool my room.

• Liked — the air conditioner worked
  • Disliked — dishonest operation
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travelers are raving about these Kochi (Cochin) hotels

UK
Reviewed December 26, 2006

We landed in Cochin after a short train ride from Trivandrum and aftera short walk found the Yuvarani Residency. The staff were very welcoming even though we did look a tad tired with our rucksacks and dusty feet. We we were told the tarrif and then shown the rooms, they were very nice, comfortable and very clean. The room had a TV (which was nice after a week backpacking) and I have to say, the most fantastic shower in the world....If ever I am asked 'which shower is the best in the world?' I would say 'the showers in the bathrooms of the Yuvarani Residency'

If I had to complain about anything, I would have to mention the first night in the restaurant. We dined early that evening and quite a large party joined the restaurant, as soon as they came in they were given priority, which left us hungry between meals and menu's left on our table for the whole course. I waited 30 minutes for a beer. I have to add, that on the 2nd night of our stay, the service was superb, the waiter was excellent and on both nights the food was exquisit.

We also enjoyed the budgies outside the foyer..

The bar was a little scary, a bit too dark for our liking..

Over all, thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Thank you.

Jim & Judith Brown

Yorkshire
UK

• Liked — Friendly & Clean
  • Disliked — Restaurant service on first night (Rubbish)
  • Tips/Secrets — Negotiate the price in the lift back down at leat the luxery tax 10%
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled as a couple