“Absolutely worthless!”
Review of Hotel Abad Metro

Hotel Abad Metro
Ranked #80 of 205 Hotels in Kochi (Cochin)
Trivandrum
“Absolutely worthless!”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I booked a Deluxe Double room in this hotel on 08-06-13. I had made a telebooking with the Manager 10 days before check-in. Check in time was agreed as 10:30 am. When I called Mr. Anup at 9:00 am to confirm the booking, he told me to contact the hotel reception desk. I called up and the receptionist told me the booking is confirmed. However when I reached the hotel at 10:30, she told me to wait until they make the room ready (we had to wait for half an hour). Further, I was asked to pay the room rent in advance, which I think is a practice adopted by the low class lodges/hotels in town.

Finally when I entered the room, I found the interior and the amenities in a poor standard which is nowhere near the pictures shown in web sites. Room interior, furniture, toilet fittings etc had a very worn-out look and the size of LCD TV in the room was nothing bigger than a PC monitor! Toiletries were also not provided.

If you are looking for a family stay in a room with nice ambiance, avoid this hotel. You will get much better hotels (ranked less than 50 in TripAdvisor) in Cochin with this rate.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank JGO233
anupkumarc2007, Manager at Hotel Abad Metro, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
Dear Mr.Jayanson George

Thanks for the feedback. I apologise for the inconvinience caused with regard to the checkin. As per our video footage you had checkedin by 9.55 AM and since we were running full the previous day we were able to allot the room by 10.10 AM. We had agreed the checkin time as 10.30 AM though our Checkin time is 1 PM and we provided the same. It was unfortunate to know that you were not happy with the ammenities of the hotel. Nevertheless we would like to have you stay with us again so that we can provide better service. We had given you a late c/out by 1 pm(our checkout time is 11 AM).

Anup

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Trivandrum
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I reached cochin for an official vist, it was unknown for me the Abad metor was a business hotel. Heard only about abad plaza which was a star hotel. once the cab stoped in from of metro i lost hope. once i cheked in rooms was pretty ok.. with not many facilities but necessity is met. worth for the rent we pay. next day morning when i went to resturant for break fast they told that i need to pay for it, normaly in most of the hotels brek fast will be included in the package. it was a surprie for me to hear that i have to pay extra.

Room Tip: Nice location, worth for the rent. dont expect more.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
anupkumarc2007, Manager at Hotel Abad Metro, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Dear Guest
Thanks for the feedback & considering our hotel value for money. Our normal tariff is on room only basis, in case you require the breakfast to be included in room tariff please write to me in anup@abadhotels.com. I look forward to welcoming you back to Abad Metro soon.

Mumbai
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Not very welcoming. The rate which I got thru Cleartrip was not inclusive of Breakfast though it mentioned all inclusive. For a few hours extension, they demanded a full day rate. Room Service was very pathetic. Typical Kerala labour attitude.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

anupkumarc2007, Manager at Hotel Abad Metro, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Dear Guest

Thanks for the feed back. It is unfortunate to note that a sequence of events led to you not having a memorable stay with us. Our rates online with Cleartrip is on room only basis(Inclusive of Taxes). Our Checkin time is 1 PM & Checkout time is 11 AM. As you wanted to Checkout by 8 PM, We informed you of the extra day Charge. We regret to note that you were not happy with the room service. As much as I regret the lack of experience during your visit. I positively look forward to your next visit. Please mail at anup@abadhotels.com for any future queries.

Regards

Travelers are raving about these Kochi (Cochin) hotels

Kollam, India
Reviewed April 13, 2013

I have been staying with Abad Metro for at least 10 years, mainly because the price is reasonable, the rooms are clean and there is central AC which eliminates the need for some moldy unit in the room. You just turn the vent on or off. I am very picky about hotels and don't want luxury because I will have to pay for it, but this is the cleanest hotel with the best air quality in India and I have seem some really dirty places. The room is small, and it isn't full of unneeded luxurious furnishings that will just break. It's just cute, with a little picture of flowers and pleasingly colored clean drapes. The TV is new, the mattress is new, the sheets are new, it takes them 30 minutes to clean each room. The staff is great, always ready to do more even though I am an impatient person, and they store luggage for free. It is well managed and has great value for the price.

Room Tip: I get the single room.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
anupkumarc2007, Manager at Hotel Abad Metro, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Thank you for your nice feed back, We assure you to continue to provide the same service . We are happy & honored to have you as our guest.
Hobart
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We arrived in Kochi for a night before flying home and were unaware of the national strike that had closed down all transport and shopping etc.
We arrived at the hotel and I didnt have the greatest expectations after reading the reviews but had no problems at all!
Reception staff were extremely helpful with room service, internet and arranging a taxi (no one was working due to the strike so took a lot of calls). Room service was good and our only option so very happy they were working. Rooms were clean and spacious with TV and cable. Large bathrooms and windows. A/C. Newspapers in morning. Overall a standard hotel.

Room Tip: The rooms on the left hand side (when looking at the hotel) don't look onto another building dir...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Natasha W
anupkumarc2007, Manager at Hotel Abad Metro, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Thanks for the nice review. You can contact me for any further room booking. Looking forward to meet you in person during your next visit

Delhi
Reviewed April 4, 2013

The stay was fine,with welcome aircon.
The restaurant is decent and they stored my bags between stays for free.
All good, but on te first stay the bathroom had a terrible stench which would not go away. Not the usual India open sewer smell either. Everything else was good though.
The second time I got a different room and it was fine.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Thanks for the nice feedback, We have rectified the same. Looking forward for your future stay with us.

Sydney
Reviewed March 28, 2013

My freind and I had planned to stay in this hotel for about a week as it was centrally located in Ernakalum where I needed to have several meetings. For me the place was below average, my room was quite small, sparsely furnished and frankly not that clean. My view was a filthy alley where most people seemed to dump their rubbish. The first night I was bitten by a bed bug and yes it was a bed bug because I found it and squashed it. One bedbug is enough for me, I moves out the next morning and went to Fort Cochin. This hotel seems to be Favoured by local business people rather that tourists. Very disappointing.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
anupkumarc2007, Manager at Hotel Abad Metro, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Dear Customer

Thanks for the feed back. I'm the Manager of Abad Metro, I would like to know the date of you stay & the room number. Since we have changed all our mattress recently & all our linen are new. You can also contact me in my cell no 9895336111 & my mail id is anup@abadhotels.com. Looking forward to hear from you.