“Pleasently surprised”
Review of Hotel Abad Metro

Hotel Abad Metro
Ranked #80 of 205 Hotels in Kochi (Cochin)
Hobart
“Pleasently surprised”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We arrived in Kochi for a night before flying home and were unaware of the national strike that had closed down all transport and shopping etc.
We arrived at the hotel and I didnt have the greatest expectations after reading the reviews but had no problems at all!
Reception staff were extremely helpful with room service, internet and arranging a taxi (no one was working due to the strike so took a lot of calls). Room service was good and our only option so very happy they were working. Rooms were clean and spacious with TV and cable. Large bathrooms and windows. A/C. Newspapers in morning. Overall a standard hotel.

Room Tip: The rooms on the left hand side (when looking at the hotel) don't look onto another building dir...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Natasha W
anupkumarc2007, Manager at Hotel Abad Metro, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Thanks for the nice review. You can contact me for any further room booking. Looking forward to meet you in person during your next visit

Anup Kumar.C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Delhi
Reviewed April 4, 2013

The stay was fine,with welcome aircon.
The restaurant is decent and they stored my bags between stays for free.
All good, but on te first stay the bathroom had a terrible stench which would not go away. Not the usual India open sewer smell either. Everything else was good though.
The second time I got a different room and it was fine.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Thanks for the nice feedback, We have rectified the same. Looking forward for your future stay with us.

Anup
Sydney
Reviewed March 28, 2013

My freind and I had planned to stay in this hotel for about a week as it was centrally located in Ernakalum where I needed to have several meetings. For me the place was below average, my room was quite small, sparsely furnished and frankly not that clean. My view was a filthy alley where most people seemed to dump their rubbish. The first night I was bitten by a bed bug and yes it was a bed bug because I found it and squashed it. One bedbug is enough for me, I moves out the next morning and went to Fort Cochin. This hotel seems to be Favoured by local business people rather that tourists. Very disappointing.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
anupkumarc2007, Manager at Hotel Abad Metro, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Dear Customer

Thanks for the feed back. I'm the Manager of Abad Metro, I would like to know the date of you stay & the room number. Since we have changed all our mattress recently & all our linen are new. You can also contact me in my cell no 9895336111 & my mail id is anup@abadhotels.com. Looking forward to hear from you.

Anup

Travelers are raving about these Kochi (Cochin) hotels

Reviewed March 15, 2013

I had a booking for 16 th of March . I arrived at the hotel around 8 AM . The guy at the reception is so adamant that - I had to pay for an extra day for 8 AM - 11 AM . (In spite of the fact that i will be checking out by 9 PM on the same night).
I even told him that I need the room only for a couple of hours in the morning so why don't you prepone my booking for the couple of hours and I will release it by 11 AM - then he caught the rule book and started arguing that since my booking starts only at 11 AM today - he won't be able to do that.
If the hotel is fully booked and if they had to hold the room from the previous night - I don't mind paying something more . But later I learned from him that was indeed not the case. This is called day light robbery - charging for 2 full days - for a 12 hour stay. Abad being such a reputed name amidst cochin's hospitality industry - it is slightly difficult for me to comprehend that they would stoop to such low levels from a regular customer . I even tried reasoning with him that 2 weeks before I checked in exactly at the same time and checked out similarly though I booked for a single day.
It really left a bad taste in my mind about Abad . If this is the attitude of reception staff - there is not much point in writing about room quality / service / food etc which is nothing great.
I would like to know from Abad Management - if they are doing this discrimination just because I am an Individual traveller - I am pretty sure they wouldn't even dare to mention this to a travel agent. Also I would like to know whether the upper management is aware of all these cheap tactics being done by the reception staff .

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank JosephOzzy
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Awesome deal. Location is a two minute walk from the cochin (ernakulum) ksrtc bus stand. Rooms are the cleanest I have stayed in out of dozens of hotels in india. Small simple rooms- perfecion. Bathrooms very clean and have a shower curtain with bathmat. A/C is by central control. No bugs no mosquitoes. Linenens are very clean too.

Everytime I come to cochin I stay here. Excellent value around 1000 rs for a/c if you book through makemytrip.com.

Downsides: check out isn't 24 hours but they usually let you check out passed 12 noon. Wifi is not free. Its charged hourly. Restaurant closes around 10:30 but their sister hotel abad plaza up the street has a 24 hour restaurant in case you arrive late. Every day, you have to book through makemytrip.com to get the lower rate.

I've seen a lot of really bad hotels and I'm very picky- usually only write a review if something is really bad but this hotel is a breathe of fresh air - even if its in the middle of the madness of cochin. Rooms face away from the street so they are very quiet too with good sunlight!

• Stayed March 2013
6 Thank SkyAvin
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

Hotel is centrally located.resonable rates.good and clean rooms.food is good too.recinmended for buissness as well as leisure holiday.they dont have the pool but u can use there sister concern hotels pool which is just located few meters away.

• Stayed February 2013
5 Thank Hemal82
Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed January 11, 2013

I frequently visit Cochin on work. I invariably check in and leave and come back late in the night for a sleep. I found this hotel to be the best for this requirement:

1. Well maintained and clean room.
2. Newspaper delivered well in time without reminders.
3. Courteous staff who responds immediately on request.
4. Complimentary breafast, low on choice but no complains given the tariff.
5. Cheap and affordable room, with parking facility.

Last but not the least the least the excellent sleep.

Overall a Thumbs up and I am sure to stay back here itself.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business