Seafood Harbour
Ranked #101 of 1,001 Restaurants in Kochi (Cochin)
Cuisines: Chinese, Indian, Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Specialized on authentic Kerala dishes especially fresh seafood items as it is close by the Chinese fishing nets and harbor ,also serves other cuisines like Continental, Chinese , North Indian and Tandoor accompanied with chilled Beer and Wine . The Restaurant is very close to few tourist destinations like Vascoda Gama & Santa Cruz Basilica Church, Beach, Dutch Cemetery ,Jew town and Spice market.
Reviewed January 7, 2014

After a few weeks of not so solid weary traveller meals, the prawn curry here was a godsend! Seated straight away, even though the place was busy and was lovely to have a cool beer watching the bustling easy going atmosphere the staff created. The food arrived in good time and was piping hot, rice and breads were cooked to perfection. The mango in the curry was delicious, will be asking the chef for his recipe before I leave. I have been back here every day of my days in Cochin since my first dining experience, not just for the food, but for the banter with the friendly staff and the socialising with other holiday makers. Highly recommend the spot.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

We were ignored from the moment we walked in. We had to ask the staff to wipe the table and give us some menus. Our food took over an hour to come out, my husband had finished his meal before mine had come out - and mine was only an entree! The staff had their backs turned to us counting money and talking amongst themselves the whole time, they didn't appear to care at all about their patrons. Our bill was incorrect and they reluctantly corrected it. The food was not worth the appalling experience. Try somewhere else in Fort Kochi - there are other places that serve alcohol if that's what you're after.

Granderesidencia, Owner at Seafood Harbour, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Terribly shocked by the recent bad reviews on our restaurant. I definitely understand your feelings & taken your review seriously. One of the reason behind it was we have started a new restaurant & I really failed to give my attention to seafood harbor. I understand very well that no excuses can compensate your worst dining experience, even then I apologize & promise that there will not be any such bad service from our end to any guest. This is really an eye opener. I will personally see that our guest are treated well & honestly hereafter.
I wish you all a wonderful New Year.
Warm Regards
Martin Sebastian

Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

I should start by mentioning that there were at least 10 staff on the floor when we visited XL Bar but not one of them was worth the compulsory 5% service charge.

After waiting nearly half an hour for our table to be cleaned we had to beg for a menu then came our bottle of beer, unopened and without glasses... These came 5 mins later.

My wife's very basic meal tool over one hour to appear, and mine a good 40 mins for tandoor chicken and naan.

All of the staff, young men were incredibly rude, back turned to the customers counting money and laughing amongst themselves and when disturbed they seemed almost reluctant to assist with orders. Insult to injury was an incorrect bill, served to me as if I wouldn't notice the difference.

Don't waste your precious travel time, go somewhere else.

Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

So, almost an hour in and we've had some french fries twice. Sent back the first time as they were cold, but eaten the 2nd time (still cold, but so hungry we didn't care!)

As for the chicken, fish and bread God (whichever one) only knows where that is. Perhaps they needed to go out and catch it?

Will update once we discover what the food actually tastes like if it ever bloody arrives!

Ps - soft drinks a bit warm....

Granderesidencia, Owner at Seafood Harbour, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2014

Dear Guest,
It is very painful to note the negative reviews regarding your bitter dining experience .
However it is the first bad comment on our restaurant ,we honestly agree to it & taken it seriously.
In fact we always try our best level to make sure that our guest's needs are met timely & promptly.
I belief it was happened due to the absence of few senior staff on that day.
Any way behalf of my entire staff I really apologize you . Given us a chance once more to serve you we would feel very much happy....Do let me know martinsebastin@yahoo.co.uk
Have a great & prosperous New Year
with warm regards
Martin Sebastin

Reviewed December 30, 2013

This was a god-save in Kochi. We have been to Kochi numerous times over the years, and it has always been difficult to get good food and beer at reasonable prices. So many of the old favourites have jacked up their prices or closed down. We don't recall the corner restaurant of Seafood Harbour on our previous visits - I think the hotel itself has always been there, but not the ground floor restaurant (I could be wrong).

The beer is reasonable priced compared to other places in Kochi, and the food is excellent. We loved the Fish Tikka, Cabbage and Carrot Thoran, and Stir Fried Okra.

All the staff here are great - genuine guys who add much to the atmosphere.