“feeling back home @ Manuels Place (William P. Manuel Road)”

and 1 more site!
Little Flower Homestay
Stuttgart, Germany
“feeling back home @ Manuels Place (William P. Manuel Road)”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

It was the best place i stayed in Southindia. The family is really friendly, helpful but also give you enough space for yourself.
If you have any problems, questions or need some tips what you can do around fort cochin they are going to help you at any time.
The breakfast which is made by themselves is really tasty. They even dont mind cooking dinner for you.
I would definitely recommend this homestay at any time especially for that cheap price!!! They really dont want to waste your money!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Jaipur, India
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I really loved staying with this family. The main host, Sebastian is a very sweet man who will do anything to help. They prepared me really nice meals and I enjoyed spending time with the grandchildren in the living room. On my last day there, the family were having a house-warming and they invited me to attend. I would unreservedly recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Perth, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 11, 2013

I thought long and hard before posting this review as I really try to find the best in people and places but I had real issues with this homestay. I was travelling alone but apart from this place, I loved kerala and the homestays I stayed in. It was very basic and not terribly clean. I read a review from last year where it mentioned the room i stayed in that the shower holder was broken - it still was. A clean, a dust, a wee bit of maintenance would so help. Sebastian was helpful.....but a complete letch. He was constantly touching my arms and even touched my stomach after breakfast one time. Every time I came out my room he was there - it almost became a game to try to outsmart him and sneek out. Yes, he helped me book a couple of trip but even those became like him trying to make out he had done something amazing (there are several tour shops in town and it is very easy to book). He changed some money for me on my arrival and when I was leaving I asked to change more - he tried to give me a completely unacceptable rate. He really is just out for what he can get.
Other members of his family seemed lovely (and I had good email communication with Manuel before I got there but he is not there during the week) but there were always children in the lounge so I felt very confined to my room. I never met any of the other guests which was such a shame and so different to the other homestays.
Very basic and, as I discovered, really overpriced. My ignorance and wanting to have my first place booked means I did not get the best until I ventured further afield.
In particular, I would be concerned for younger single female travellers - I am in my forties and have a good level of confidence but I know if I was 20 something I would have been intimidated by Sebastian.
So, one night stays, its fine but there are better and I seriously wouldn't recommend longer stays. and as I say, girls, tell Sebastian to back off!
(oh and I had found that someone had been in my room one time - I am sure it was just the children but another wee concern)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank AilishL
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Stayed for 4 weeks. Sebastian his wife Baby and the extended family cannot do enough for you. They are hospitable, family meals, affordable meals, activity guidance, with easy access to local churched, restaurants, buses, Auto rickshaws, Souvenir shopping. I enjoyed my stay. I saw many returnees come back and many new guests.

U.K Traveller

• Stayed March 2013
United Kingdom
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Really loved our stay here, manuel, his father and rest of the family are very friendly... Went out of their way to make our stay as comfortable as possible, providing us with great advice and arranging tours. The whole family made us very welcome we really had such a lovely time here!!! I would definitely go back again and would recommend little flower homestay to others

Leina from U.K