The Brunton Boatyard Hotel resembles a century old heritage building with large arches and long and broad corridors. The rooms with a four-poster bed with balconies are big and have a beautiful view over looking the waters which are always busy with ferries and ships. We were lucky to see a dolphin in the water from our balcony.
There are three different restaurants in the hotel one serving sea food and another called History which serves traditional food from recipes got from old Cochin families. The Food was very good. Though the price may be slightly high the portions are substantial enough for two adults.
There is a nice and clean swimming pool. We went on the sunset boat ride in the hotels own boat which takes you around the Cochin harbour and back. So you get to see a lot of Cochin from the water side.
The hotel is located in Cochin Fort Area which is where the Jewish synagogue, the Dutch Palace and a couple of old churches are. Besides there are lot of shops selling antiques, spices and embroidery. Only negative point here is it takes you more than an hour to go to the main city area.
Overall a very nice hotel. If you are on a holiday to Cochin and have no budget constraints this should be the place to stay in.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This CGH Earth property is moored on a historic stretch of Cochin's famed harbour , The Brunton Boatyard Hotel was resurrected from the remains of a Victorian shipyard. Today, it gives the modern traveller a unique opportunity to dwell amidst the shadow plays of 19th century history. Living All of the Brunton Boatyard Hotel's 22 rooms overlook the sea, and so, by happy circumstance, do the en-suite bathrooms. Dining The Brunton Boatyard Hotel is your chance to dine from, literally, a melting pot. All the cultures that came to the Malabar Coast over three centuries can be sampled in a single evening. Discovering Armed with a map and some comfortable footwear, you can tour the historic Fort Cochin area where the hotel stands. Sadly, little remains of the fort itself, but the other legacies of history are everywhere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, MrandMrsSmith, Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Brunton Boatyard reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Brunton Boatyard Hotel Kochi (Cochin)
- Brunton Boatyard Kochi (Cochin), India - Kerala
- Brunton Boatyard Cochin