The view is brilliant looking straight out into the harbour with everything from canoes to container ships passing by. It can at times of course be noisy and I think a room at the end where the ferry docks could be intrusively so. But our room looking out over the swimiming pool on the harbour edge was great. Earplugs were provided on the bedside table in case we found noise intruding but weren't needed. The room was small but delightful with old-fashioned solid wood furniture and a marvellous high off the ground bedstead. There was a small balcony with cane chairs. The hotel complex is designed in a graceful open-air colonial style around an inner garden with large trees. It has a great deal of charm.
The location is good for sight seeing and just a quick stroll to some of the intriguing fishingnets and fish market stalls. There's a free evening harbour cruise offered by the hotel and we found it worthwhile.
The hotel bar was small but excellent with good staff.. The restaurant meals were very good. Breakfast was a little irksome -- this was a la carte and I've become accustomed to a buffet breakfast and much prefer being able to make a self-service choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This CGH Earth property is moored on a historic stretch of Cochin's famed harbour , The Brunton Boatyard Hotel was resurrected from the remains of a Victorian shipyard. Today, it gives the modern traveller a unique opportunity to dwell amidst the shadow plays of 19th century history. Living All of the Brunton Boatyard Hotel's 22 rooms overlook the sea, and so, by happy circumstance, do the en-suite bathrooms. Dining The Brunton Boatyard Hotel is your chance to dine from, literally, a melting pot. All the cultures that came to the Malabar Coast over three centuries can be sampled in a single evening. Discovering Armed with a map and some comfortable footwear, you can tour the historic Fort Cochin area where the hotel stands. Sadly, little remains of the fort itself, but the other legacies of history are everywhere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets and Evoline ltd so you can book your Brunton Boatyard reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Brunton Boatyard Hotel Kochi (Cochin)
- Brunton Boatyard Kochi (Cochin), India - Kerala
- Brunton Boatyard Cochin