“Authentic Japanese food, indeed!”

The Asian Kitchen by Tokyo Bay
Ranked #13 of 981 Restaurants in Kochi (Cochin)
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: One of the finest Asian restaurants in Kerala serving great food from across seven Asian cuisines and set in a picturesque location and colonial ambience. We serve delicious dishes from seven Asian cuisines - Malaysian, Singaporean, Indonesian, Thai, Vietnamese, Japanese and Chinese. Our food is authentically prepared using the best of ingredients. We are situated in a heritage building in the premises of the legendary Cochin Club. The club is more than a 100 years old and has witnessed many significant events in the history of Fort Kochi. The restaurant is very close to the beautiful Fort Kochi beach. We invite you to visit the restaurant, enjoy the serene ambience and savour our delicious and healthy dishes.
Reviewed March 11, 2013

On entering Tokyo Bay, one is reminded of the simplicity of the Japanese in its decor...being greeted by ever smiling and helpful staff, we were guided to our comfortable seating. Understanding the menu is made simple by the staff, but if you want details, the chef is never too far away. Since we knew nothing about Japanese food, we decided to go with the chef's choice of chicken, beef and fish dishes with rice. The food was delicious and never knew Japanese food could taste so good. Loved everything about Tokyo Bay and will surely come for more.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

It was really a wonderful experience for me at Tokyo Bay. This was the 1st time I ever tasted the Japanese Food. I never thought it would be so tasty. I could taste many of the cuisine offered at Tokyo Bay. The seating arrangement was very thoughtful. Privacy of the customers were respected. The special place known as `Tatami' was mind blowing as this was unique in every aspect. The location of the restaurant is ideal for a good view of the city. Being on the 7th floor it offers a real sense of privacy and a panoramic view of the Cochin city. The ambiance together with the Japanese music make this place a piece of Japan. I love to visit this restaurant as I cannot find any other exclusive Japanese restaurant in Cochin.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

Surprised how delicious and can taste authentic Japanese food in India.
Teppan Yaki and Yakitori sauce taste is very tasty!!
Try it soon.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

This rearaurant is the best best Japanese restaurant in India.
The food is authentic Japanese one.
You can eat FRESH raw fish(sashimi, sushi) which you never taste in India!!!!!
I guarantee.

1  Thank KazzNapa
Reviewed February 27, 2013

What can I say about Tokyo Bay that hasn't already been said?
The place is absolutely phenomenal. I came here with my family to meet an old time friend of mine. From the moment we stepped into this place, I loved it. The staff and ambience is so good you feel like stepped into real authentic Japanese restaurant. As I have been to many sushi places in USA, I know what to expect from a sushi place and this restaurant meet above and beyond my expectation.

The sushi was very fresh and had I not been with a 3 year old, I would've loved to sit at the sushi bar. The fish was fresh and the presentation was beautiful. The sushi rice was soft and very nicely seasoned. Nothing kills the mood more than hard and underseasoned sushi rice!

The chicken yaki was very tasty also. The chicken was so juicy and tender over a bed of vegetables. The sauce was sweet and light. It was probably the healthiest chicken yaki I've ever had. As my friend was keep on ordering, we ended up in trying quiet few dishes. Don’t miss Ebi tempura, ton katu. You cannot go wrong with any dish you order here

Chef Akinori Nishioka is another interesting person. We meet him while we were having dinner and he is such an awesome person.

Woohoo!...this is really as good as it gets!

A SOLID 5 STARS!!!!