I truly think that the Taj staff attached a sensor to me that allowed all the staff to know exactly who I was, which room I was staying in, and my preferences. The service is some of the best I've had and I've stayed at a lot of 5 star hotels. They upgraded me to a lovely corner room overlooking the water. The rooms are lovely and it's fun taking a shower and being able to see what is going on in the harbor. The grounds are gorgeous and they offer free afternoon tea, an hour long sunset boat trip (definitely do it), and a 30 minute dance concert (kind of boring). They also invite all new guests to a cocktail party which is lots of fun. I was traveling alone and met a bunch of people that I ended up hanging out with while I was there. The swimming pool is lovely, but was closed for renovation....a real disappointment. I had two spa treatments, both very good. I had an amazing dinner in their fish restaurant, definitely worth the extra cost for ambiance, service, and food.....all outstanding. The second night I had dinner in the chinese restaurant....ok, but not nearly as good as the first night. Breakfasts were a bit disappointing. I would have expected a bit more variety. The major drawback to the hotel is the location. It's at the end of an industrial island and you need a car to get anywhere you want to go. They do provide a ride to the ferry which goes to Fort Cochin, but it might be nice to actually provide a free shuttle. All in all a really good stay. Whoever did the peacock made of towels and decorated with rose petals on my bed deserves a gold star. I would definitely go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on Willingdon Island with a magnificent view of Cochin harbour, Vivanta by Taj - Malabar is a fine balance between yesterday and tomorrow. Our lobby is a unique mix of chic and classic. The heritage wing, built in 1935, reflect the inherent beauty of Cochin. And the tower wing houses newly renovated guestroom suites, each a delicate mix of the classic with the contemporary. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoftTaj, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Vivanta by Taj - Malabar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vivanta By Taj - Malabar Hotel Kochi (Cochin)
- Taj Malabar Cochin Kochi
- Taj Malabar Cochin Hotel Kochi
- Vivanta By Taj - Malabar Kochi (Cochin), India - Kerala