While planning our Kerala trip, we were struggling to decide whether we should stay one night at Kochi or proceed directly to Munnar. In the end, we made the best decision of our vacation by staying at Taj Kochi.
Having heard and read several positive reviews about the property and the hospitality this team provides, we had reasonably high expectations. But to our pleasant surprise, our stay turned out to be even better than we had anticipated. It was an amazing experience.
This is a very well maintained property with excellent rooms giving a lovely view of backwaters. The best part of the stay was however the hospitality extended by the Taj team. They try to make you feel special in every possible way right from the point when you disembark from your vehicle - a whole crowd comes out to welcome you in. While the front desk gets busy in check in process, they give you an awesome welcome drink (which had coconut water and ginger for sure) to refresh you to the core, the check in process itself makes you feel at home followed by very friendly explanation of property & facilities features.Everyone greets you and helps you at the slightest of sight and anticipation. In fact, because we had reschedule our flight in the wee hours, we reached the property at 9.30 in the morning whereas the check in time was 1 pm or 2 pm. Though, we had requested them for an early check in as soon as we could, it was very considerate of them to accommodate our request at such short notice and that too with an upgraded room.
The other notable things which made our day were the complimentary evening cruise (preceded by evening snacks) and delicious dinner at Rice Boat restaurant. The food and the staff at Rice Boat were so good that it makes sense to visit this place only for dinner if you are in Kochi.
Next day, we were supposed to leave for Munnar and that is 5 hours drive from Kochi. They were considerate enough to pack us (complimentary) sandwiches and water for the journey. This team not only makes your stay comfortable but also goes out of its way to make you feel extra special - well, isn't a vacation all about that? If you want to stay in Kochi this is the best place to be. We would definitely visit this place again. Mr. Dutta, many thanks to you and your entire team for looking after your guests so well.
As one of the reviewers said in this forum, you stay one night here and this place stays with you forever.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on Willingdon Island with a magnificent view of Cochin harbour, Vivanta by Taj - Malabar is a fine balance between yesterday and tomorrow. Our lobby is a unique mix of chic and classic. The heritage wing, built in 1935, reflect the inherent beauty of Cochin. And the tower wing houses newly renovated guestroom suites, each a delicate mix of the classic with the contemporary. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoftTaj, Expedia, Hotwire, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Vivanta by Taj - Malabar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vivanta By Taj - Malabar Hotel Kochi (Cochin)
- Taj Malabar Cochin Kochi
- Taj Malabar Cochin Hotel Kochi
- Vivanta By Taj - Malabar Kochi (Cochin), India - Kerala