We stayed at the Taj Malabar for 2 nights and it was one of the most amazing holiday experience. The hotel staff makes you feel special right from the time your enter check-in through check-out. I've attempted to over all aspects of our stay at this fine property -
Check-in : As soon as we arrived we were greeted with a traditional welcome. The absolutely efficient front desk staff made us feel comfortable after the long 45 drive from the airport, with a cold towel, some refreshing mint and cucumber drink and an ice- cream for my daughter along with a soft toy. The check-in process was quick and prompt. The front desk staff then showed us round the hotel.
Room: We stayed at the Heritage Wing which was spacious and overlooked the sea. The rooms are tastefully done with classy interiors.
Food: The breakfast and dinner were part of the package we had taken and hence meals were served at the 'Pepper' restaurant. The spread was extensive and had good healthy options as well. Being in Kerala, I expected more seafood to be part of the menu, however they had some amazing pork dishes which is generally rare to find in Indian restaurants. The taste and quality were top-notch.
High tea and boat cruise: The hotel serves high tea in the garden area followed by a 1 hour boat cruise which is complimentary. The boat ride offers stunning views of the neighbouring islands and is really enjoyable and relaxing. We were lucky to see dolphins as we were nearing the hotel on our return from the boat cruise.
Staff: I would especially like to call out the pool attendant. He was an elderly gentleman who was so passionate about swimming that he even entered the pool to teach my daughter who learnt swimming only a week back. We were really touched by his thoughtful gesture. All the hotel staff are prompt and efficient and ensure they make your stay a memorable one.
Check-out: The check-out was again quick. The one thing that stood out and made our stay at Taj Malabar so special was the lobby staff who came out and waved goodbye as we left this beautiful property. It's truly an experience we'll remember and hope to return soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on Willingdon Island with a magnificent view of Cochin harbour, Vivanta by Taj - Malabar is a fine balance between yesterday and tomorrow. Our lobby is a unique mix of chic and classic. The heritage wing, built in 1935, reflect the inherent beauty of Cochin. And the tower wing houses newly renovated guestroom suites, each a delicate mix of the classic with the contemporary. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoftTaj, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Vivanta by Taj - Malabar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vivanta By Taj - Malabar Hotel Kochi (Cochin)
- Taj Malabar Cochin Kochi
- Taj Malabar Cochin Hotel Kochi
- Vivanta By Taj - Malabar Kochi (Cochin), India - Kerala