“excellent hotel”

Vivanta by Taj - Malabar
Ranked #7 of 210 Hotels in Kochi (Cochin)
Brussels, Belgium
“excellent hotel”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We stayed for 3 nights at the Taj and enjoyed it very much. The service and staff was great, especially Alex in the Restaurant was outstanding! The food was good, the breakfast delicious and the complementary high tea an awesome treat. Would definitely return to the Taj when going to Cochin.

The only thing to complain about was the charge for a taxi for traveling to our next destination. The price was 4x higher than with other taxi companies and by far the highest we paid on our trip (and all the other taxis had a/c as well and even complementary water and snacks!).

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
VincentRamos, General Manager at Vivanta by Taj - Malabar, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Vivanta Malabar Cochin!!!

We at Vivanta by Taj Malabar were really honored to have you stay with us and sincerely look forward to welcoming you back to our lovely hotel once again.

It was a delight to have your feedback and this helps us to measure ourselves for the standards we have set for our company. I am happy to note that the services rendered by my team were to your satisfaction.

Looking forward to your continued patronage and assuring you of our best attention and service at all times.

Vincent Ramos

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (559)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights and had a fantastic time. Service, food and location were all great. I recommend the hotel highly although it is a little out of town. The restaurants are a little expensive but the food was first class.

Room Tip: Ask for room overlooking water.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
VincentRamos, General Manager at Vivanta by Taj - Malabar, responded to this review, April 4, 2013

Greetings from Vivanta by Taj Malabar!!!

Thank you for sparing your valuable time and posting a great review of our hotel on Trip Advisor.

We do appreciate hearing from our guest, as their comments are vital for us to continue in improving our services. I am happy to note that the services rendered by my team were to your satisfaction.

Delhi, India
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We stayed at Taj Malabar for 3 nights and I have one word to describe the place... EXCELLENT. Great location, fantastic food and great SPA. We went there along with some family friends for a short break and were impressed with the location.

The hotel staff is very helpful and give you was very personalized experienced. They take care of small things like staff asking for your dinner bookings and taking care of your special needs. SPA is awesome and you cannot get enough of it.

We booked a day tour of backwaters and travel desk arranged it to perfection. Overall an amazing place where I would like to go again.

Room Tip: Heritage rooms were good.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Vivanta by Taj Malabar Cochin!!!

Thank you very much for your kind comments on the hotel and we are most thankful for the valuable feedback. It is indeed a team effort with an unwavering goal towards guest satisfaction, which constantly motivates us to be on our toes.

It is truly rewarding to note that your stay with us was comfortable and it is our constant endeavor to serve you better.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon and rest assured, we shall ensure all personal care.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I was quite happy with the service and food given to me at Taj, even though it was a business trip, the stay at Taj really changed the mood. I will definitely find time to come back here with my family to have a wonderful time with them.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
VincentRamos, General Manager at Vivanta by Taj - Malabar, responded to this review, March 31, 2013

Greetings from Vivanta by Taj Malabar!!!

Thank you for choosing Vivanta by Taj Malabar for your recent stay at Cochin. It was a delight to have your valuable feedback and we greatly appreciate the time you spent for posting a great review of our hotel on Trip Advisor.

New York
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We stayed there for 9 days. It was a fantastic vacation. The hotel staff is super helpful. The facility is clean and maintained. The managers are always available to guests and reacted properly to our special needs. The pool and spa teams making everything to give you maximum comfort and good feeling. The breakfast is very reach and there are 3 options for dinner. We tried 2 of them and were completely satisfied.

Room Tip: Heritage sea facing room is wonderful.

Greetings from Vivanta by Taj Malabar!!!

We at Vivanta by Taj- Malabar were honored to have you stayed with us in the recent past.

I am glad to note that the overall quality of service and facilities at the hotel measured up to your expectation. I have taken the liberty to communicate your feedback to my entire team at the hotel. I am certain this will serve as a source of inspiration for us in achieving higher standards of excellence.

Kindest Regards

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed March 29, 2013

I can't compliment this hotel enough. We checked in early, checked out late, all staff were super helpful. Rice boat was amazing...the cardamom desert was to die for and just all the little things like making me a special dinner of all different bits of their menu as I couldn't decide what I wanted and bringing me chutneys as I was pregnant (the waiter's wife enjoyed sour chutneys when she was also pregnant!). I had a wonderful facial, the pool was so relaxing and the staff were so nice especially as my husband came down with heat stroke (it was the end of our trip) and went out of their way to assist us (comping us breakfast which was SUPERB by the way). We also receieved some lovely leaving gifts; a necklace and spice pack. Seriously stay here.

Room Tip: We had a heritage room which was in the original part of the hotel, lovely!
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Vivanta by Taj Malabar Cochin!!!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed March 29, 2013

After spending a few nights out in another part of the region we arrived to the Vivanta, which was a wonderful oasis of luxury and comfort. The hotel is situated on Wellington Island and there isn't much else to see on the island itself but its in the perfect location to go to Fort Cochin or the main city by ferry. Its an easy 5 min walk to the dock for the ferry to the main city, which is less than a 10min ride and the hotel will take you by car to the other ferry to Fort Cochin, a 5 min ferry ride. It is 2 rupees for a tick on the ferry. The service at the hotel is top notch, everything is taken care of. The rooms are fairly large, clean and sea views are amazing. Each night they have high tea and a boat cruise in the harbor. Breakfast is a perfect mix of local and continental foods. The gym is small but well equipped and the staff seem to know when you are half way through your workout to bring a nice cold washcloth. I only ate at the Rice Boat restaurant but it was one of the best meals I had in Cochin. The spa also had great service. I highly recommend this hotel if you want to have some luxury but still be close to everything.

Room Tip: Chose the sea view rooms, its worth it!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends