My children and I had had a tough time emotionally because of a family tragedy. One day I decided we needed a holiday and I remembered a lovely one I'd had with friends in Cochin. So I picked up the phone and dialed the Taj Malabar. I'd say that if you want the accessories of a 5 star combined with the intimacy of an Indian home that delights both sense and spirit - the comfort, the elegance, the richness of cuisine, choose the Malabar. The interiors are cosy, the staff were courteous and immensely helpful, and the generous breakfasts and Kerala specialties like appam and stew and authentic fish curries, were unforgettable. Though it is far from Kochi, its just a boat ride away to the delectable tourist quarter with its Chinese fishing nets, European cafes and the famed Jew Town. It is in my opinion the queen of boutique hotels, and definitely a star in the Taj's considerably wide crown.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on Willingdon Island with a magnificent view of Cochin harbour, Vivanta by Taj - Malabar is a fine balance between yesterday and tomorrow. Our lobby is a unique mix of chic and classic. The heritage wing, built in 1935, reflect the inherent beauty of Cochin. And the tower wing houses newly renovated guestroom suites, each a delicate mix of the classic with the contemporary. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, DerbySoftTaj, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Vivanta by Taj - Malabar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vivanta By Taj - Malabar Hotel Kochi (Cochin)
- Taj Malabar Cochin Kochi
- Taj Malabar Cochin Hotel Kochi
- Vivanta By Taj - Malabar Kochi (Cochin), India - Kerala