We stayed here for two nights, one of which was my birthday. This had somehow been noted and I was met with collective greetings at breakfast and, at dinner, presented with a cake and wine. Quite a moving experience, since it was unexpected.
Our suite, on two floors and with a rooftop 'sit-out', was very well furnished and equipped and gave us a real sense of luxury.
The young staff were very charming and keen to please and if the service was somewhat laid-back (as, indeed, it was) this was in keeping with the context of relaxed outdoor eating in a delightful courtyard garden listening to local musicians.
Much of the food was outstanding (the tiger prawns in tempura absolutely unbelievable!) with a good Indian wine list to match.
Cochi itself is well worth time spent to absorb something of its colonial history and significance as the gateway to Europe's marine trade with the Orient.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Malabar House is a charming boutique hotel overlooking the parade ground in the heart of Fort Cochin. The 17 highly individual rooms and suites seamlessly combine tradition and contemporary design. The Malabar House is a member of Relais & Chateaux. Malabar escapes offers the finest circuit of boutique and villa hotels in Kerala. Placed in colonial Fort Cochin, the backwaters and the plantation hills, each escape gives you a distinct experience & flavour. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Malabar House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Malabar House Hotel Kochi (Cochin)
- Malabar House Kochi (Cochin), India - Kerala