We were blown away by our stay at Malabar House. The stay started well when the charming desk staff upgraded us to a suite because of a mix up with our booking. The suite was staggeringly well designed with gorgeous decor, classic furniture and TWO outside terraces, one with a beautiful swing. The bathroom was immense and tastefully done with beautiful cotton victorian towels.
We found it very hard to leave the pretty courtyard and ended up spending most of the evening sampling the extensive wine list and delicious indian-spanish tapas (trust me it worked) in the bar. There was live Indian classical music in the garden, by the floodlight pool.
My only gripe was breakfast which could have been better - the buffet looked a bit sad. But you could order eggs and dosa off a cute chalk board. Great coffee.
This place can't be beaten for location, style, decor, service, facilities and cuisine. Lovely exotic fruit basket in the room...Cute walking tour guide given to us on check in...excellent massage treatments...the list goes on
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Malabar House is a charming boutique hotel overlooking the parade ground in the heart of Fort Cochin. The 17 highly individual rooms and suites seamlessly combine tradition and contemporary design. The Malabar House is a member of Relais & Chateaux. Malabar escapes offers the finest circuit of boutique and villa hotels in Kerala. Placed in colonial Fort Cochin, the backwaters and the plantation hills, each escape gives you a distinct experience & flavour. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Orbitz and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Malabar House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Malabar House Hotel Kochi (Cochin)
- Malabar House Kochi (Cochin), India - Kerala