I'm writing this review from our private deck in room 11 at the Malabar House. Located in the Fort Kochin area, the hotel is a little Indian jewel. The grounds are lovely, the rooms beautiful and the food is excellent. It's a short walk or auto-rickshaw ride (hang on!) to most of the major sights in the area. Travellers with physical issues should ask for a ground floor room as the circular staircase is a bit daunting, and there is no elevator. The splash pool is the perfect way to wash off the inevitable dust of a day of Indian sightseeing. Beautiful contemporary art and free WiFi add to the stay. The staff is charming and live music in the courtyard is enchanting. Highly recommended! Try and take a sunset tour of the harbour, it's worth the time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Malabar House is a charming boutique hotel overlooking the parade ground in the heart of Fort Cochin. The 17 highly individual rooms and suites seamlessly combine tradition and contemporary design. The Malabar House is a member of Relais & Chateaux. Malabar escapes offers the finest circuit of boutique and villa hotels in Kerala. Placed in colonial Fort Cochin, the backwaters and the plantation hills, each escape gives you a distinct experience & flavour. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Malabar House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Malabar House Hotel Kochi (Cochin)
- Malabar House Kochi (Cochin), India - Kerala