“Good stay”
Review of Trident, Cochin

Trident, Cochin
Ranked #15 of 214 Hotels in Kochi (Cochin)
Reviewed August 11, 2014 via mobile

Very friendly and helpful staff. Clean and good size rooms. Good choice of food at breakfast. The staff is specially helpful if you have kids. It's good value for money. Will definitely stay here again. Only drawback is that hotel is not close to the beach side.

Stayed: August 2014
tridentcochin-kochi, General Manager at Trident, Cochin, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2014

We are delighted to learn that we were able to provide you a memorable stay

Our greatest award lies in the knowledge that your stay was satisfactory and all our efforts are aimed in that direction. It is indeed our pleasure in fulfilling a guest’s needs, especially by providing a comfortable and relaxing experience.

We do appreciate hearing from our guest, as their comments are vital for us to continue in improving our services. I am happy to note that the services rendered by my team were to your satisfaction.

My team and I look forward to your continued visits and take this opportunity to assure you of our best attention and service at all times

Reviewed August 2, 2014

We traveled all over India the past 2 1/2 weeks and stayed in six different hotels. The Trident, by far, out shined any other hotel experience. The staff greeted my daughter and I and were most helpful with everything. The rooms were clean, the beds were excellent, the bathroom was fantastic. We indulged in The Spa and had a wonderful morning massage. We were close to shopping and sight seeing. The hotel arrange a car/driver for us to see some of the historic sights of Cochin. The food was marvelous. The hotel staff also helped my daughter put on a sari! I hope we get to return to Cochin and stay again at the Trident. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling through Kerala.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
tridentcochin-kochi, General Manager at Trident, Cochin, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2014

Reviewed July 29, 2014

Hotel was not the most modern, but was still very comfortable and stylistic. I was very impressed with the staff and their eagerness to assist throughout the day. (Almost too eager at times)

Breakfast was excellent, and I would fully recommend this hotel to anyone. The location is not fantastic, but it is very easy to get a ferry to vypin or fort kochi island

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 26, 2014

We stayed at the Trident Cochin in October 2013. It is a small hotel with friendly staff. Breakfast selection was fairly good. Comfortable bed. Average size room. Nice pool.

Bathroom floor ends up with water all over when you have a shower. Shower head needs cleaning. Smoking room had no ashtray. Stain on bedspread and not changed even on 2nd day. Sofa in the room had stains. Difficult to fing plugs for charging equipment like mobiles or cameras. Windows need to have reflective film as everyone can see inside!

Could be a good property with some renovations and attention to housekeeping.

Room Tip: Choose a room with the pool view.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time out and writing in to share your valuable feedback.

We do appreciate hearing from you, as your comments are vital for us to continue in improving our services. I have noted your feedback concerning housekeeping. Allow me to assure you that we have streamlined the process entirely and you will definitely see a marked change the next time you visit us. Please do not let this experience mar your impression about Trident, Cochin.

Best regards,

Reviewed July 22, 2014

We stayed here on our Honeymoon trip to Kerala in December 2012. Cochin, was the first of the many places we visited on our Honeymoon trip and Trident was the best among the hotels on that trip.

Excellent service, friendly staff, fabulous rooms and brilliant food that's what Trident offers!!

I still remember the dinner we had by the pool - perfect setting for a honeymoon couple.

Complimentary breakfast was too good.

Um, The hotel is a bit far from the airport. And, it took a while for us to figure out the location; though we had a local cab driver.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
tridentcochin-kochi, General Manager at Trident, Cochin, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2014

Dear Guest,

We are delighted to learn that we were able to provide you a stay that you still remember after a year and a half.

Reviewed July 19, 2014

Cozy, comfortable, clean, awesome food n truly kochi is how trident (kochi) can be described. I dream of going back to trident kochi for a relaxing holiday. The staff is very friendly and all the facilities including the gym, pool, business centre n spa are "truly Koch". Highly recc

• Stayed: July 2014

Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

We booked this hotel after enjoying our recent experience at the Trident in Nariman Point.

The hotel is approximately is situated on Willingdon Island, 20 mins from Ernakulam train station (rs500 in a taxi) and 90 mins from the airport (rs1,100 in a taxi).

Check-in was a pleasant experience, our room, which like the rest of the property was maintained to the high standards that you would expect of a hotel of this class.

Breakfast and dinner had great choices from both the buffet and the A la Carte menu, and the food was delightful. The bar has a happy hour from 3-7pm every day.

The pool area was serene.

I had an Ayurvedic treatment from their centre, the only comment I would make here is the room can be a little too cold so ask them to change the temperature.

But overall, the BEST part of our experience was the service. All of the staff were professional and obviously well trained, but two were outstanding Jeena was faultless in her service to us and her attention to detail on a daily basis. If you are in the restaurant and require anything, hope she is on duty. Charles was all things to us. He was not just an excellent food and beverage person, but was as knowledgeable as any of the best concierge we have experienced.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

We are delighted to learn that we were able to provide you a perfect getaway.