“A lil short of satisfactory !”
Review of Trident, Cochin

Trident, Cochin
Ranked #14 of 227 Hotels in Kochi (Cochin)
Reviewed November 5, 2013

The property is not very large but has a good amount of green spaces, ponds etc packed in.
The rooms are clean, service good , staff helpful .
The food -buffet is predominantly Indian n I was not too satisfied with the quality or the variety, very few options for vegetarians. The a la carte menu is not too great either.

Room Tip: Choose the rooms facing the pool or the green patch inside the hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
tridentcochin-kochi, General Manager at Trident, Cochin, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a review on Tripadvisor.

I have noted your feedback on the food buffet and have discussed it with the Chef in charge. I can assure you that you will most certainly see a marked change the next time you visit us. We will also surely look into adding more options for vegetarians in the à la carte menu.

My team and I look forward to your continued visits and take this opportunity to assure you of our best attention and service at all times

Reviewed November 2, 2013

I stayed 5 days at this hotel and this is my second stay at this hotel. The choice of second time was only to for the good service and good food that this hotel has. Being under Oberoi Group, Trident Hotel has always been at the top in ranking for service.

The best part of this hotel was the people, very down to earth and so polite that you would accept anything that is said. You would'nt say no to a dish even if you don't like it. I love eating at this hotel, particulary the Chef's signature dishes, Appams and Kattis.

The rooms are big enough and very clean, very comfort, the interiors are splendid and gives us a very ethic look. The bathroom has everything that a guest is looking for.

The SPA is excellent and very good. It was raining and I went through the small garden that has a path towards this SPA, it is so nice to walk through the greens.... very close to nature. I have been to this SPA atleast 3 times during my stay.

There was one issue that was not liked by this time, being a gold member I got the best and upgarded room, but there was no fruit platter as mentioned, laundry bag was missing, I had used the shampoo and the body wash, when it was near empty and the qty could not be used, threw it in the dust bin, but to my surprise I saw them being kept in the rack.... to be used for the qty left in the bottle... it was very strange for me to accept this part as never saw this thing happening in any hotel infact even if the qty is not finished, there was always a replemnishments.

However overall this hotel compliments to all guest with their kind service and good gesture. I will still come and stay in this hotel inspite of the short fall.

I would recommend this hotel to all coming to Cochin to stay to experience this service. Some pictures of Chefs and the restaurants are attached. Good job Chef Vinod and Lalit.

Room Tip: Try to have your room facing the swimming pool side.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

It is an honour for the team at Trident Cochin, to know that we have succeeded in our endeavour to provide travelers a home away from home.

Our greatest award lies in the knowledge that your stay was satisfactory and all our efforts are aimed in that direction. It is indeed our pleasure in fulfilling a guest’s needs, especially by providing a comfortable and relaxing experience.

We do appreciate hearing from our guest, as their comments are vital for us to continue in improving our services. I am happy to note that the services rendered by my team were to your satisfaction.

I have noted your feedback regarding the fruits not being placed in the room, I apologize for this oversight and shall make sure such an instance does not occur again.Regarding the shampoo and the body wash being kept back on the rack again, I have conveyed it to my Executive Housekeeper and can assure you that you will see a marked change the next time you visit us.

I have also conveyed your feedback to Chef Vinod and Chef Lalit, and its been a great source of inspiration for them.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

I went there with my partner, parents and nephew and niece. The stay was delightful, the staff quite welcoming and the food delectable. I'll really recommend the hotel for anyone visiting Cochin.
The pool is nice as well.
The hotel is located on Willingdon Island and this implies that it's away from the noise of the inner city Cochin that can be a little disconcerting when travelling with family.
We had a lovely time. The staff in the restaurant was very polite and professional.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
tridentcochin-kochi, General Manager at Trident, Cochin, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2013

Reviewed October 24, 2013

From the gate outside the Hotel, it doesn't look so impressive. Once you are inside, it is another world ! The comfort of the rooms, ambience in the hotel interiors, the attention given by the stewards (had several Kerala dishes - appams, pootus with banana, idayappam with veg stew !), the pleasant pool - all together make it a great place.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Manash B
tridentcochin-kochi, General Manager at Trident, Cochin, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Reviewed October 21, 2013

We were back at Trident Kochi............. The room was cosy.......and really felt good. The service at travancore restaurant was excellent...... The brownie with ice cream ..... yum ......The location of the hotel is excellent when on a holiday as it is away from the hustle bustle of the city on an island.....

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
tridentcochin-kochi, General Manager at Trident, Cochin, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for visiting Trident Cochin again. It is an honour for the team at Trident, to know that we have succeeded in our endeavour to provide travelers a home away from home.

Considering last time we were not able to meet your expectations at certain levels, we are delighted to learn that your stay this time was satisfactory and all our efforts were aimed in that direction. It is indeed our pleasure in fulfilling a guest’s needs, especially by providing a comfortable and relaxing experience.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

If you are looking for a place to chill out in the GODS OWN COUNTRY - Karela, Trident Kochi is the place to hang out, to chill out to ease off life and to be just ur self - when and where ever you wanna be. An excellent bunch of professionals got together just to make guests happy. I loved my stay and would be looking forward to revert to again shortly.

Room Tip: If you wanna be happy and chilled ot - this is the place to be -TRIDENT KOCHI
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
tridentcochin-kochi, General Manager at Trident, Cochin, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2013

Reviewed October 17, 2013

Good hotel...very helpful and friendly staff. The staff including the chefs go out of their way to please you. The only drawback to the place is that access from the hotel is a bit of an issue as public transportation is not easy to find. I took an Avis from the hotel but surprisingly Makemytrip had better travel options. Overall a good place for a short holiday. A caveat - it is situated at Willingdon Island, so while access to Fort Kochi is easy access to the main city is slightly time consuming.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
tridentcochin-kochi, General Manager at Trident, Cochin, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

Tridentcochin-kochi, General Manager at Trident, Cochin, responded to this review
16 October 2013