“Hotel with a care of home!!”
Review of Trident, Cochin

Trident, Cochin
Ranked #15 of 212 Hotels in Kochi (Cochin)
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Its been a week when I have been back to work and settled!! Cant get over the time spent at this hotel. Laze by the pool side...with a dusky shadow of the palm tree. The hotel is located far from the airport but will make you forget the journey with its old time charm and bright marigold flowers in the lobby! Comfortable room and very helpful staff to accommodate small details. Pleasing smile and good variety of south Indian breakfast for food. My love for coffee and guess what!!! The manager gifted me small token of remembrance of Munar coffee.. I dines at the restaurant with middle eastern food. very different spread and value for money. Did nt get time for Ayurveda and picked up few take always from the boutiques at the hotel. Carry lots of sun screen and walk to the near by boat point to travel in local boat to islands. Over all very nice place to just get away and sleep peacefully. Thank you staff at Bar for all the refreshing drinks.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
tridentcochin-kochi, General Manager at Trident, Cochin, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2013

Greetings from Trident, Cochin!

We do appreciate hearing from our guest, as their comments are vital for us to continue in improving our services. I am happy to note that the services rendered by my team were to your satisfaction.

It is feedback from esteemed guests like you that helps us to constantly introspect our systems and procedures and assists us in striving for a better product and service.

My team and I look forward to your continued visits and take this opportunity to assure you of our best attention and service at all times

Reviewed March 4, 2013

i stayed at this hotel for 3 nights from 28 feb to 3 march this was my first visit to any oberoi grp hotel since previously i wasw a club member with the leela i had taken my 83 yr old mother along with me and i had an outstanding holiday the service standards exeeded my expectations the food at the travancore was good and though they had an ongoing egypt food festival being vegetarian we could not participate i cannot remember the names of individual staff but bibin at the travancore was great i look forward to visiting their other hotels at jaipur and udaipur and i will strongly recommend this hotel to my freinds sameer shah mumbai

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
tridentcochin-kochi, General Manager at Trident, Cochin, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Reviewed February 27, 2013

The staff are lovely and the hotel has all the amenities you'd expect and a great pool. The rooms are clean but the decor is dated and a bit tatty in some places, especially the bathrooms. The water pressure is terrible, a lukewarm dribble from the shower and I didn't manage to fill the bath a quarter full without the water going cold.

The food was fine, nothing special, there's better in Kochi and worse. The burger definitely isn't a burger, and some of the continental dishes need tweaking. The breakfast buffet was exactly what you'd expect- a standard hotel offering.

It doesn't feel very luxurious for a 5 star, but its a decent place to stay and could be more memorable with a refurbishment.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Greetings from Trident, Cochin!

We do appreciate hearing from our guest, as their comments are vital for us to continue in improving our services.I have noted your feedback on the water pressure and the food. I have conveyed your feedback to the concerned departments. I give you my assurance you that the same will be looked into and remedial measures taken.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

we have been staying here for two days while our visit to Cochin. From the entrance till the time we left the experience was much nice and warm. The courteous staff would surely feel good and the services are worth money that you spend here.

The food served was delicious and up to mark. The room was well maintained. The best thing about this place is that the staff are quite quite quite well trained and courteous.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
tridentcochin-kochi, General Manager at Trident, Cochin, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2013

Reviewed February 22, 2013

This is one of the finest and most comfortable place to stay in Cochin if one is looking for serene and peaceful surrounding away from hustle and bustle of city.I have stayed twice in this hotel in the last two years and my experience was worth the money spent. Hotel staff is courteous and look after you very well. Food is authentic and tastes good. A nice place to sit down and chat whether business or family get together. A well spread and sumptuous breakfast to start you day on a cheerful note and end the day with pool side dinner.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
tridentcochin-kochi, General Manager at Trident, Cochin, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2013

Reviewed February 21, 2013

We stayed recently and had a nice large clean room. Staff very friendly and helpful. Good pool and nice food in pleasant surroundings. Food better than some 5 staff hotels we stayed in on the same trip especially breakfast where there was plenty of choice and a chef on hand to cook brilliant omelettes.

Stayed: February 2013

Reviewed February 21, 2013

My first hotel when I arrived in Cochin with my group was the Trident in Cochin. Well first of all, what lovely staff and whomever does the training, should be commended. They have perfected the art of Customer Service!

From the time you check-in, they are friendly, gracious and acommodating. The rooms are comfortable, very comfortable beds and the hotel has all the ammenties you require, blow dryer, nice thick towels, and lots of bottled water.

The best meals during our tour, ( other than the home cooking demonstrations) were eaten in the Trident Cochin restaurant. They had the best dosas! I asked if we could sit outside for breakfast, and they very promptly set up a nice table overlooking the pool. I tried to tip the server but she refused to take anything.

This is a very good 4 star hotel, comfortable and with all the necessities. They have a nice Aryuvedic spa, along with a gym and a pool.

I was very happy with this hotel and also the Trident in Jaipur.

All in all, this was a great experience and I would book this chain of hotels without any hesitation.

This hotel is in a great location, very peaceful. The yoga sessions were excellent and the massages at the Aryuvedic spa were really good! I was sad to check out!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business