“Undistinguished hotel in a land of hospitality”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Trident, Cochin

Trident, Cochin
Ranked #22 of 201 Hotels in Kochi (Cochin)
chennai
“Undistinguished hotel in a land of hospitality”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

Stayed at the Trident, Kochi last week. Great location, calm & peaceful area, historic
Hotel looks pleasant enough, almost like a resort. .
But, the hotel lacks basics- just one restaurant, and a little bar. Did not check out the Ayurvedic Spa.
People were polite but not warm.
Lacking any atmosphere or warm ambience. OK as a place to crash.
Had to check out at 7 to catch flight, so checked about restaurant timing, was told it starts at 6 30. Of there at 6 45, nobody there. And, no food at all. Went & complained at front desk, was promised action, but nothing happened .At 7 went in, saw some fruit juice and bread, grabbed it. a passing room service guy was good enough to give one tea.
Try to go to the room, corridors were pitch dark- lights switched off. Staff cold not care less.
In a city where people fall all over themselves to pamper the tourist, this was a disappointment.
Not that it lacked any amenities or cleanliness, but lacked soul.
Plenty of choices nearby, particularly with great food.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
tridentcochin-kochi, General Manager at Trident, Cochin, responded to this review, March 7, 2013

Greetings from Trident, Cochin!

I apologize for the inconveniences caused to you during your stay here with us. I have noted your feedback on the breakfast not starting on time and the corridors being dark in the morning. Let me assure you that the same will be looked into and remedial measures implemented.

It is feedback from esteemed guests like you that helps us to constantly introspect our systems and procedures and assists us in striving for a better product and service.

My team and I look forward to your continued visits and take this opportunity to assure you of our best attention and service at all times

Warm Regards,

email: amit.saincher@tridenthotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

Although Willingdon Island is away from much of the action, the hotel is very comfortable. Staff were very solicitous and service was generally prompt. The man at the Avis limo counter was a great help although the prices could have been lower.

Room Tip: Hotel is a bit old but it is well maintained. Service was excellent.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
tridentcochin-kochi, General Manager at Trident, Cochin, responded to this review, February 23, 2013

Greetings from Trident, Cochin!

We do appreciate hearing from our guest, as their comments are vital for us to continue in improving our services. I am happy to note that the services rendered by my team were to your satisfaction.

Wollaston, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

Very picturesque location - outside and reception very smart, lovely restaurant for buffet dinner and breakfast. Rooms a little shabby on close inspection, and ours had a musty smell on arrival - but we still had a lovely stay. Pool area very smart.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
tridentcochin-kochi, General Manager at Trident, Cochin, responded to this review, February 15, 2013

Greetings from Trident, Cochin!

I have noted your feedback on the rooms and the musty smell in your room. I have shared this feedback with the concerned department heads and I personally assure you that we will work this.

Pune, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

The hotel is an excellent property located in a somewhat secluded and industrial part of the town. The room, ambience, staff and overall stay at the hotel was quite pleasant and relaxing. The swimming pool too was well maintained. The food was good, but could have been better. As other reviews point out, there is a rickshaw stand just 2 mins after you turn right from the hotel, a decent non veg restaurant right in front of it and a good veg restaurant about 100 m once you pass the rickshaw stand. We could not unfortunately try out the ayurvedic spa, but I guess it shows how much the spa was in demand. The hotel staff told us that the spa was able to handle only one client at a time due to renovations, but hopefully they should be able to handle more people later.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

i came over here for first time it's like a "Gods own Country" though it is far away from airport but it's enjoyable to see greenery. After reaching hotel welcome by coconut water. Than we went for breakfast it was with so many varities in the buffet,and i have been offered with "Idiappam" same as string hoppers it was yummy and our stay was comfortable. Most of the thing i like in food is south indian b'coz it has it's own distinct flavours. I also recommend my friends to visit ur hotel.

• Stayed November 2012

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

We recently had a visit to Kochi and Munnar.The stay in trident was very good.The staff was extremely cordial and helpful.The location is also very good.The sight seeing in kochi is also good .Our vacation car rental was hired from Kochiholidays.com.And the driver Mr.Krishnakumar did an excellent job.We highly recommend him.

Kent
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

Good hotel but location not ideal as previous reviews. Has a small gym which nobody else used during our stay. All staff very good. Best way to get to Fort Kochi is catch the local ferry from the boat jetty which is about 3 mins by auto rickshaw, the reception have ferry times. Ferry only costs 2 rupees each way & runs till about 7.30pm.

Room Tip: Heard of problems with a ground floor room. Ours on first floor 219 was fine.