“Pleasant experience”
Review of Trident, Cochin

Trident, Cochin
Ranked #18 of 210 Hotels in Kochi (Cochin)
Singapore, Singapore
“Pleasant experience”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

We recently had a visit to Kochi and Munnar.The stay in trident was very good.The staff was extremely cordial and helpful.The location is also very good.The sight seeing in kochi is also good .Our vacation car rental was hired from Kochiholidays.com.And the driver Mr.Krishnakumar did an excellent job.We highly recommend him.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
tridentcochin-kochi, General Manager at Trident, Cochin, responded to this review, February 15, 2013

Greetings from Trident, Cochin!

We do appreciate hearing from our guest, as their comments are vital for us to continue in improving our services. I am happy to note that the services rendered by my team were to your satisfaction.

It is feedback from esteemed guests like you that helps us to constantly introspect our systems and procedures and assists us in striving for a better product and service.

My team and I look forward to your continued visits and take this opportunity to assure you of our best attention and service at all times

email : amit.saincher@tridenthotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
Kent
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Good hotel but location not ideal as previous reviews. Has a small gym which nobody else used during our stay. All staff very good. Best way to get to Fort Kochi is catch the local ferry from the boat jetty which is about 3 mins by auto rickshaw, the reception have ferry times. Ferry only costs 2 rupees each way & runs till about 7.30pm.

Room Tip: Heard of problems with a ground floor room. Ours on first floor 219 was fine.

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 11, 2013

A Hotel whose main attribute is the exceptional friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. The pool is very good, clean and well serviced by the staff. The meals were very good including a non-Indian option. It is situated on a different island to the main tourist attractions like Fort Kochi etc.

Room Tip: Some rooms are very far back from the elevators.

Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

Its a very nice hotel. Very calm and relaxing environment. Staff is very friendly and efficient. Both of its restaurant are very good. Food is excellent. Both seafood and continental. Special thanks to our waiter Mr. Charles at travancore restaurant, we had a best time. Seats besides pool are best.

A really nice place to relax.

• Stayed February 2013

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 8, 2013

We stayed here for three nights as our first stop on our trip around Kerala. On arrival we were greeted and check in was smooth. Our room on the third floor was clean and comfortable, with good A/C. The furniture and carpet were worn but functional. The room overlooked the pool area but did not have a balcony. The only real problem we had was that the hotel is on Willingdon Island, not Fort Cochin, so transport was needed to get into the old town. The island itself is very quiet with little to do or see. The hotel were not able to provide transport on the one evening we requested. However we did take a nearby rickshaw from the taxi stand up the stand to the ferry terminal and got a boat across, and took a taxi back later that night.
The pool and spa were clean and well maintained, although there were too few loungers by the pool. We ate dinner by the pool on one night which was good but expensive. Breakfast was good, although the same every morning. The staff were generally attentive and very pleasant. In short, it was a comfortable stay at a reasonable 4 star hotel, that is some distance from Fort Cochin.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

New Delhi, India
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Old property - The dull yellow lights and decor gives a Gloomy feeling , rooms are small but clean ...food served in their restaurant Travancore was monotonous though the serving staff was always eager to help and at your service
Market and commercial places quite far from this property
overall not a trident experience

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Greetings from Trident, Cochin!

I have noted your feedback on the decor and the lighting in the room. I have conveyed the same to our design and development team. I have also noted your feedback on the food being the same. I have urged my Chef to look in to this and ensure that there is variety in the menus and buffet.

I do agree that the hotel is not centrally located but we the advantage of being equidistant from both Fort Cochin which is the major sightseeing area and Ernakulam which the commercial district.

Norwich
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Enjoyed my stay at the Trident. Food was of high quality and staff were very attentive. Rooms were comfortable. Pool area was also nice and relaxing.Hotel was in a decent location. Would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms to my knowledge seem very similar in quality.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
tridentcochin-kochi, General Manager at Trident, Cochin, responded to this review, February 1, 2013

Warm Regards,