“Old Colonial-style”
Review of Trident, Cochin

Trident, Cochin
Ranked #20 of 201 Hotels in Kochi (Cochin)
Cardiff, Wales
“Old Colonial-style”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

This charming old hotel was our next stop on our Titan tour- " Bombay-to the Backwaters of Kerala". We were given an upstairs room with views over the enclosed garden with swimming pool.We were here for 2 nights at the time of the Indian festival of Diwalli (Light), and we were caught up in the excitement and sense of celebration. The staff were polite and attentive; the buffet style food offered choice and was very good, and the grounds were quiet and pretty. It was a good base to explore Fort Cochi and the surrounding area, including the girls school hard by St Francis Church. We were encouraged to witness the morning assembly, and we were delighted to do so. Cochin city is full of interest, including the Chinese fishing nets, nodding alongside the backwaters. It would have been nicer if we had had more time to enjoy it.

Room Tip: Our room overlooked the pretty gardens and the swimming pool
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jollyrobert
tridentcochin-kochi, General Manager at Trident, Cochin, responded to this review, January 11, 2013

Greetings from Trident, Cochin!

We do appreciate hearing from our guest, as their comments are vital for us to continue in improving our services. I am happy to note that the services rendered by my team were to your satisfaction.

My team and I look forward to your continued visits and take this opportunity to assure you of our best attention and service at all times

email: amit.saincher@tridenthotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
Coimbatore, India
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Visit to Trident Kochi was a good one. the property is nice, location is good, near the port and is easily accessible. the rooms are nice and the staff is very friendly. they do take care for your personal needs. i have a small kid, they took good care to cater for his dietary needs. a few negatives... they have those old times TV sets and not the LCD or LED.. very surprising. and other is that they don't have jets in they toilets.... very very surprising. the food is nice with a good spread. but in case of less rush.. they don't cater for a buffet but let you chose as per your wish from the menu. overall a nice time

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
tridentcochin-kochi, General Manager at Trident, Cochin, responded to this review, December 30, 2012

Warm Regards,

email : amit.saincher@tridenthotels.com
Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed December 22, 2012

Trident , Cochin - The first reason for me to chose this hotel during my last business trip was mainly because i never stayed in oberoi group and i wanted try this out.

The hotel is far from city centre and good for leisure travelers but not for business trips.

Its a value for money, as i strike a good deal, particularly during my last visit in dec (the peak season of kerala which is not so great this time) all hotels have avg 50% occupancy.

Food is good at this hotel and staff are professional.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Warm Regards,

email : amit.saincher@tridenthotels.com
England
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Stayed here for two nights on a Travelsphere Grand Tour of India. Our room was a bit of a treck on the second floor but it was well equipped and quiet. The food was very good but the staff were a little overenthusiastic about clearing - if you put your cutlery down your plate was whipped away whether finished or not! The pool was very welcome during a free afternoon break.

Room Tip: Try to get one overlooking the pool
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
tridentcochin-kochi, General Manager at Trident, Cochin, responded to this review, December 21, 2012

Greetings from Trident, Cochin!

I have noted your feedback on the smell of diesel in the corridors. I shall have the same investigated. It is feedback from esteemed guests like you that helps us to constantly introspect our systems and procedures and assists us in striving for a better product and service.

Porbandar, India
Reviewed December 19, 2012

had the occasion to stay in the trident hotel at kochi for a couple of weeks in Oct Nov of this year. must say i was bowled over by the warmth and hospitality of the staff. i had reached the hotel late in the night after an exhausting 1700 km drive from lonavala. and all i was looking forward to was a warm bath and a bite before i crashed...... what i got was much more. the staff welcomed me right from the start even though i had not called ahead to confirm my reservations......the coming days did not let me down as the hospitality of the hotel remained top notch right till the last day. the housekeeping service was fabulous even by my cranky standards.... the response time of housekeeping was very prompt and i was never left wanting for more on any account. the only downside which i found was that on more than a couple of occasions after an exhausting day at work i would have to trek back all the way to the reception coz my room keycard wouldnt work. other than that an amazing stay and kudos to the entire hotel staff especially the senior management for making my stay so comfortable......

Room Tip: plz specify in advance if u want a smoking or non smoking room. also the hotel is very vast and ther...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Singapore
Reviewed December 18, 2012

I stayed at the Trident for 2 nights in Dec 12 during a biz trip there. Considering it was my 2nd visit to Kochi after 18 yrs, I was a little apprehensive as my 1st visit there (but stayed in the nearby Casino Hotel) was nothing to crow abt. But time allows for progress and there was indeed some positive ones in the hotel, F&B industry in kochi witnessed over my 2 short day stay.I'd say the Trident is well appointed, and has a decent breakfast buffet. Love the egg station, altho if there was a waffle station as well, I'd give it all 5 stars in my rating. Bathrooms were clean and water pressure was decent. All in, it was a good stay, could have been made better if the prices were a little less steep.

Room Tip: 1 of the rooms in my party had a petrol like smell, which I realised was actually the freon/coolant...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Crawley, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 15, 2012

A warm welcome from the moment our vehicle door was opened by the doorman.

Delightful reception, restaurant and pool area. Comfortable and contemporary rooms. Very attentive and friendly staff.

The two downsides were:
1. A very strong smell of diesel in the corridor on our floor and coming through the air conditioning into our room. I left this hotel with a bad headache as a result of this.
2. The bar menu prices are misleading. We ordered 3 Bombay Sapphire gins, shown on the bar menu as 200 Rupees per drink. The 600 Rupees ended up being over 1,220 Rupees as a Sales Tax on imported liquor of 606 Rupees was added with an additional 4.94% Food and Beverage Tax on top. I challenged this on checking out. How am I to know "Bombay" Sapphire gin is imported? If there is a 101% tax why doesn't the bar menu show the price as 402 Rupees per gin? If it had I would not have ordered one, let alone three.

A good hotel that could be great.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple