“Best Chineese ever had”
Review of Mainland China

Mainland China
Ranked #149 of 992 Restaurants in Kochi (Cochin)
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 18, 2013

The food came on time, Very well cooked and done.
Service could have been better to suit customer needs,
There was an offer when i went for dinner but I was never told abt the offier which could have made me more happier

1  Thank yoga2world

Reviewed January 12, 2013

The worst main meal Chinese food I've ever had. The starters were good, but the main meal....Chicken with Cashewnuts that firstly had about 2 cashews floating in it, and this recipe came swimming in brown gravy. Have these people ever eaten Chinese food I thought? After spending almost one year travelling in China, I know my Chinese food.

It was terrible. The service vacillated between being slow to being sycophantic and just too much, I left the restaurant in a bad mood.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

My sister and I went there last month. We went with a view to experiment. I will not prolong this. The ambience is average, but if you personally like dim lights, then the ambience would be excellent.
The service is Good, I've to be honest, so I have to give full marks for service. But I felt a sense of overwhelming pretended servitude, I cannot get that exact term... something that leaves you feeling you are being tolerated just because you are a customer. I cannot pin point on it, but try it sometime. The feeling is rather interesting. Just for the experience.
The food is average.
The tab is affordable considering the pretensions.

Reviewed December 18, 2012

Based on reviews here and based on a recommendation from a friend, I visited Mainland China located in the Dreams Hotel in Kochi.

The restaurant is a franchise like 'Noodle House' in Abu Dhabi, with branches all over India.

The decor is suitably chinese. and soft chinese music is piped throughout the restaurant.

The menu is extensive and here's where it gets interesting. The staff are all well versed in the different dishes and are knowledgeable about the components and ingredients of the dish, so trying to decide is a piece of cake.

The service is superb with the waiters being unobtrusively attentive.

Service is fast, and I mean really fast.

The noodle and rice portions comes in two sizes, A regular for 2 people and a small for 1 person. Suffice to say the portions are generous.

The food is delicious with a hint of authenticity. I suppose the dishes have been altered a bit to suit local palates.

For starters we had Chicken Dim Sum, and it was nice to have dim sum where the filling is actually more than the dough!! I highly recommend you try 'General Tao's Chicken' which was my favourite. We did try the Lamb, the fish and some prawns, all of which were excellent.
My kids loved the chocolate fudge brownie which comes as a sizzler.

Prices are not dirt cheap. but worth it and I feel great value for money for the quality and quantity of food served. The restaurant has a weekday promotion for dinner where one can choose a soup, starter, 2 main courses, rice or noodles and a dessert from a set menu for Rs678/- per person.

In Kochi for 10 days and visited 5 times. Nuff said.

5  Thank Binu A
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Probably the only place in kochi which serves Authentic Chinese food. Located in "Dreams" hotel the food is pricey. Fish dishes are what i found great. Quantity is reasonable. Service is good. Ambiance is great.

1  Thank Malabar_Hornbill