“Excellents massages” 5 of 5 bubbles

Bordeaux, France
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellents massages”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

Je suis très surpris de lire les mauvais commentaires...En ce qui me concerne, il en est allé tout autrement ! je n'ai jamais reçu d'aussi bons massages que dans ce centre ! Et je suis resté longtemps au Kerala ( 3 mois ), j'ai eût le loisir de visiter différents centres de massages. Tant et si bien que j'y ai moi-même fait une formation de masseur !

I'm very surprised to read such bad comments on this place. My experience there is totally different. I was delighted by the massages I got there. The place is recommanded by Lonely Planet. As a guide, I tried myself different massage centres all over Kerala to give the best to my people...and for me, one of the best and serious places was and (is still ) this one. My people tested also the massages there and they were all very pleased ( one of them is a professional masseur). Regarding myself, when my group left back to France, I was so eager to learn massages from that place...and so did I ! You should go there if you pass by in Kochi, and ask for Uzhichil or marma massages...

Visited December 2012
1 Thank mevilo

Plymouth, United Kingdom
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 61 helpful votes
“Worst massage I have ever had”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

We were reccommended this massage by a housestay down the road (probably for commision) and we were thoroughly disappointed and shocked by the service. I massage myself as a job back home and was very excited to experience a traditional Ayurvedic masage in India and I was reassured it would be a professional massage from an ''Ayurvedic Doctor''. The massage was actually conducted by two middle aged women who hadn't a clue what they were doing. They used the equivalent of cooking oil - there were definately no herbs in the oil (herbal oil was advertised on their flyers) and the massages consisted of being rubbed roughly for an hour. It was a very uncomfortable and unenjoyable massage that I would not wish on anyone else. I felt more tense and stiff after the massage than before I went in. do not go here and do not give them your money as you will regret it.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Gemma C
Montreal, Canada
124 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 194 helpful votes
“Knowledgable, Basic, Affordable, Freindly Good Treatment”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2012

My freind and I who are spa, hammam afficiendos. We like to spoil ourselves and it doesn't have to be a fancy place...There were two doctors present. They were friendly, knowledgeable, not aggressive of pushy at all. The treatment and help we received was good.
We should have been told that we should either bring our own towel, or wear clothes we didn't want because of the oils. I think it was more a pre communication or information that was missing.
The bathroom to shower is really really basic, bring flipflops or shower at your hotel. After trying other places in Kerala we realised that the reason why the place was basic and with few articles .. is simply because of the oils used. That is why its basic.

Having said that communication, a little bit of explaining what is needed before hand is what is needed as well as warning to bring slippers for the shower or offer to take a shower back at the hotel.
Ruby Montreal

Visited December 2011
1 Thank Ruby R
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Cannot say good massage”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2012

therapist was simply doing the job. Oil seems to be average one. Bath room did not shampoo and ordinary soap was provided. Be careful in bathroom as it might be slippy. More attention on hygenic front necessary.

Visited January 2012
2 Thank Jefrin P
New Delhi, India
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“DO NOT GO THERE”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2012

We had the grave misfortune of going to this place in early January 2012. Its maybe a strong phrase to use, but the experience was pretty traumatic! I would firstly like to say I am aware of the cultural difference with regard to privacy, and that personal space is a little known concept, however our experience at this place was just straight up uncomfortable.
My masseuse- a woman who had every appearance and mannerism of absolutely despising her job- was brusk and unfriendly, and entirely unsympathetic at my dismay when she asked me to entirely undress in the room where the window was open onto the road, save for a mosquito net. She promised me you could not see through this (which was not strictly true). When I asked her to close the window she did it begrudgingly. Half way through the massage, without being asked, informed or warned, another woman opened the door (making me visible to anyone in the hallway!) who was to have her massage in the same room as me (she also seemed to not really know how to react). Now, had I been informed of this before hand, it may not have been quite so bad, but, as you can imagine, when one is already lying on the massage table, one’s options are pretty compromised. I felt so uncomfortable I asked to finish the massage earlier than I was due to. The massage itself was also poor.
Meanwhile, across the hall, my boyfriend was having a similarly scarring experience. His window opened onto the front porch. He was also told nobody could see through. That was a flat-out lie.
When we confronted the manager afterwards to raise these issues he got very, very defensive. He tried to convince us that you could not see through the mosquito screens, and let us check from outside. We were able to clearly see in. So do not believe them!! When I said it was wildly inappropriate to have one customer walk in on another without either having prior knowledge – he got even more defensive. He accused us of not wanting to pay (which was not the case – in fact, I would have willingly paid a lot more to not have had such an awful experience in the first place ) and then all but kicked us out. The manager’s behaviour was HIGHLY UNPROFESSIONAL.
I was quite upset leaving, and we were both more stressed after the supposed massage.
My advice is DO NOT GO THERE.
The massage was bad and the overall experience was simply horrific.
But, if you don’t have a problem with having absolutely no privacy and being treated disrespectfully by people who just see you as a walking rupee symbol, then you’ll love it here.

Visited January 2012