“Excellent breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Jardin Secret

Jardin Secret
Ranked #602 of 933 Restaurants in Kochi (Cochin)
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
“Excellent breakfast”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

The best place for à good breakfast. Nice shadow, great food and wonderfull jackfruit!
One of the best and most cosy gardens in town!

Cardiff, United Kingdom
“A small place with a huge and heart and excellent Keralan cooking classes”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

This garden cafe is our home when we visit Fort Cochin as the family who own it are generous, warm and welcoming. The garden itself is full of spices where we are served wonderful homemade food, always freshly cooked to order. George knows a lot of local history and he makes interesting conversation if asked. Maria cooks the breakfasts and elevansies and then the chefs provide wonderful lunches and evening meals. Maria is the best cookery teacher anywhere in Fort Cochin --have tried a few--We recommend her to anyone who wants to know how to cook Keralan food and understand the spices used. She explains the recipes and shows all the ingredients and hands out written details to use back home before she starts to cook. She encourages those who want to 'get stuck in' to take part in the cooking but is happy to just let you observe if you prefer.Her excellence of teaching is in the detail of what she says and shows and the enjoyment of eating that meal at the end of the session just amazes you how simple it all seemed to be. She explains so clearly, enthusiastically and patiently. I recommend her very highly

Visited September 2012
1 Thank indiabuff
boston
“Great Cooking Course”
Reviewed December 24, 2012

I absolutely love to cook and love to eat Indian food. Therefore when I saw that there were cooking classes offered here, I was so excited. I was not disappointed and had an amazing experience. I took a course with my husband and one other person. The 3 of us were able to custom make the menu. During the class Maria showed us how to cook the food, gave some amazing tips and of course the recipes. She answered so many questions and gave great explanations. Your level of participation is determined by you, from just sitting back and watching to stirring the food and cooking. Then afterwards you get to eat this feast, more food than we possibly could of eaten. I highly recommend this beautiful, authentic and enjoyable experience!
We also ate at the restaurant downstairs which has nothing to do with Marias cooking. The location is beautiful and the food was great. We had no issue with the service. When we got our food I felt like it was not spicy enough and they very quickly whipped up a tamarind chutney (the tamarinds were fresh from the tree in the courtyard) and did not charge us. The food seemed to be more catered towards a tourist palate than a local, so I would suggest you mention that you want it to be authentic and the level of spiciness.

• Visited February 2012
“Terrible food”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

The food was pretty awful. I ate there about an hour ago. Almost everyone who was with me agreed. It took about an hour to arrive and was totally tasteless. When I went to pay tyre bill, I spotted a very tiny kitchen manned by a 15-16 year old boy. Also expensive.

Geneva
“Excellent fresh food”
Reviewed December 14, 2012

I can't recommend this restaurant enough. It might be because when you walk in you don't expect much, but the food was cooked freshly (yes, there was a little wait but I would rather that than eat something that had been hanging around for a while) and the food was excellent. You sit outside in the courtyard garden (remember your mozzie spray). It wasnt so easy to find (you think you are walking into a clothes shop) but keep walking through and you wont be disappointed.

Visited November 2012