“One of its type multicusine in Kochi”

Lokah Restaurant & Cafe
Ranked #67 of 975 Restaurants in Kochi (Cochin)
Cuisines: European, Indian, Contemporary, Cafe, Bangladeshi
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Lokah has made a serious attempt in including a wide variety of dishes from across the World. So far I have enjoyed every meal.

Deserts are also great. I speacially like the mocha custard pudding. Its something I have never seen in other restaurants.

I like the ambiance too... very different

Abhishek N, Owner at Lokah Restaurant & Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2016

Thank you! Love hosting you. See you soon.

There are newer reviews for Lokah Restaurant & Cafe

Reviewed January 29, 2013

Me along with my Husband and SOn visited Lokah with my cravings for Thai and Mexican food.
but the variety was very less

We ended up ordering a main course from each cuisine and my Husband said never again.
The Quantity is very less compared to the price.
I Couldnt find any tacos or quaesidillas either.

The wait time is also little too much.
I suggest you to have a re look at the dishes in whichyou not doing justice and also the tag line - the world on your platter gives us a lot more expectations!!
Please add more variety for at least tHai mexican and Italian dishes.

1  Thank Kochigal

Thank you for your review. We've got some Mexican Quesdaillas, Frijolas and Churros on the menu now. Apart from our Thai tam som, curries and water chestnut dessert. We hope you visit soon to try them and let us know your thoughts!

Reviewed January 19, 2013

i visited lokah 1 year back..when we entered the restaurant the waiter was staring at us. no word from him.after occupying a seat by ourselves,we orderd and waited for 45 minutes.only one more customer was there,no big rush there. when we enquired ,the waiter replied in an arrogant way.so we decided to leave the place.then also he had" i dont care" attitude.i cant comment on their food .but service poor

1  Thank dhan20783
abhibasskoffee, Owner at Lokah Restaurant & Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. Really appalled to hear about your experience. This incident you are referring to happened close to a year back or was it more recent? We have had our share of shortcomings on the service front during our opening days, but have kept a much stronger team and systems in place henceforth.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Have dined at Lokah twice and I am very happy to say that I will always be back anytime. My son was craving for Chicken Lasagne and it was excellent. You are very reasonably priced and the portions are huge enough for at least two. Have few suggestions though. I agree with someone else who wrote a review here that the place had lots of mosquitoes. Please take care of this issue.

I would also suggest that you give in more attention to the hygiene of the waiters. I noticed this one particular waiter who's uniform was stained with sweat. Especially with the type of crowd Lokah caters to, I feel the appearance and hygiene of the people who waits the tables are very important. This is my personal opinion.

Good luck!

Thank you for your valuable feedback. Will definitely take your concerns into account and work on them.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

'Lokah' – The world on your plate is what they promise. Looking at one of the most varied menu’s I’ve seen in India, one can’t help but think if they have overextended themselves, but surprisingly they deliver.

'Lokah' is situated on the bye pass road in a stand-alone building after the Hyundai showroom towards vytilla. The interiors are minimalistic and simple with large windows, but I feel a few blinds would help the air-conditioning keep the daytime temperatures down.

The menu has umpteen Indian regional signature dishes and 11 countries represented in their international cuisine dishes including Thailand and Tanzania to name a few. They also serve South Indian and North Indian Thali’s on weekdays.

The portions are not overtly generous and here I think that’s a good thing because it allows you to order a soup and a starter. I tried the Tom Yum Goong thrice and I would give them 6/10 for authenticity and 9/10 for effort. The chicken satay with peanut sauce and their momo’s were all authentic and delicious. The prawn Tempura is light, but could do with tastier dipping sauce.

For main courses we tried their Tenderloin steak, chicken burger, meatloaf and Chinese roast chicken and fried rice (Thanks for the tip mg4travel). The meatloaf was terrible. The chicken burger was small but tasty and the steak was good, though the mashed potatoes and boiled vegetables were tired.

For dessert, their apple pie crumble was consistent and delicious and comes with ice cream as an extra if you want it, but not custard. I wonder why?

'Lokah' seems more popular at dinner than at lunch time. I loved the food, but each course takes a long time to get to your table.

The waiters have, I feel taken a vow of silence and barely say a word. Pleasant service only adds to the dining experience. I would also suggest the management to turn the air-conditioning up a bit as it does get warm in the restaurant both for the benefit of the staff as well as the patrons as a waiter with sweat stains taking your order can be a little off putting.

The prices are reasonable, with the specials costing a wee bit extra.

'Lokah' deserve a few repeat visits solely on the basis of their good food. Lokahs is no doubt a good restaurant, but with an experienced manager it could be one of Kochi’s great restaurants.

4  Thank Binu A

Thank you Binu for such an in-depth review. We really appreciate your thoughts and will work on the particulars you have mentioned to make it a more wholesome experience for you next time around. We find the ice cream works a lot better with the crumble; we have on other occasions served apple strudels and pies with custard and will look at introducing it with the crumble as well. We look forward to hosting you in the near future.