“Kochi Italia”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Roma

Roma
Ranked #27 of 934 Restaurants in Kochi (Cochin)
Cuisines: Italian, European, Pizza, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Dining on a budget, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Roma is an Italian bistro & seafood restaurant offering an a La Carte menu for lunch & dinner, serving wholesome family style Italian cuisine. The menu offering tremendous value for money, will be a well balance mix of all the various famous ethnic regions of Italy. Using only the freshest ingredients is a show of commitment to the guests.
Aluva, India
“Kochi Italia”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

Roma, at the HolidayInn Kochi, was not very high on my list of restaurants because I ve not always been happy with Italian. But had to go there for the circumstances, and I don't regret it,though my friend does. I had a chicken and a lasagne which were moth good,albeit a strong cheese flavour. My friend unfortunately had a spaghetti with some cheese sauce and it was horrible. They do serve alcohol, though we had mocktails. Their Stadia Spike totally blew my mind. Excellent ambience,great service by a lady(didn't get her name). overall not great food,great service and ambience,great drinks.

Copenhagen
“Suprisingly good italian food and great service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

I was skeptical when we went out for dinner to an Italian restaurant in a Holiday Inn in India. The food was very good given how far the city is from Italy. I had the herb crusted fish, which I will strongly recommend. The choice of wine was limited - thanks to the strict control excercised by the state of Kerala. The ambience was great and so was the service. I will defenitely go back one day.

• Visited December 2012
Northants eNGLAND
“Enjoyed this restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012

We ate in the Italian ROMA restaurant 3 out of the 4 nights. This is a nice restaurant, service was superb if not a bit over the top, but the team is very friendly. By the 3rd visit they knew what we liked to drink and always, always made us feel very welcome. On the first night i only managed to eat half my Penne Carbonara and the chef came out to see me to see if there was anything wrong, very nice touch! I was just too full!

Visited July 2012
Kochi (Cochin), India
“Nice Italian Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2012

We went to Roma with a lot of anticipation as well as apprehension. How good the Italian food will be. We didn't have to worry. The food was great. The soup(seafood), salad(Mozarella Mesculin Mix), appetizers, main courses(lamb shanks and Chicken), and the dessert sampler were very good. Lamb shanks was tasty, however the 2 pieces were cooked to 2 levels of doneness. They invited my 9 year old daughter to make her own pizza and she was thrilled. The ambience was good and so was the efficient service that came with a smile.

Would definitely recommend.

• Visited September 2011
Chieri, Italy
“Finally Kochi got the Italian Touch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2012

Had to meet some friends in Kochi, so thought to try Roma for a quick lunch.

Well! The ambience was very nice, perhaps too good for Kochi people to understand. Menu is prepared with correct Italian terminology (compliments to the Chef), a young lady who did the service was very professional & approached the table to keep a company to a alone guest (since the restaurant was not very busy).

Pasta was al dente (the way I prefer) & the sauce was quite near to an Italian flavour.
Pity no wine was served due to some license issue, so had to enjoy the food with water only.
Price is just right and for sure will visit again with Italian friends to feel Italia in Kochi.

• Visited November 2011