“nice cozy place in fort nagar, fort kochi”

Backpacker Holidays Guest House Kochin
Ranked #101 of 424 Kochi (Cochin) B&B and Inns
Delhi, New York
“nice cozy place in fort nagar, fort kochi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2013

I had a pleasant stay at this quaint hotel run by a nice family with a cute baby. The rooms were clean and the balconies were great for evening perches. The location is also probably the best. They offer good advice, too. thanks!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Vlaardingen, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013

Definietly the best place to go in Cochin. Not only the people are great, but also the location is. It's in the middle of the centre of fort Cochin and you can walk to all the nice places in the area. Besides that also the price is really worth it to go there when youre on a budget rounttrip like us. The owner and his staff help and advice you whereever they can and you can make some really nice excursions/trips from this place. We would stayed here for only one night but made 5 nights of it, beceause we liked it so much and it really felt like home. If we didnt catched our plane to go to another part of India i guess we would still be there.....!!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Hudiksvall, Sweden
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

I spent approx. 4 nights there in the beginning of November 2012 and I didn't find it...it found me or to be more exact, the owner saw me walking up and down the streets of F. Kochin looking quite stressed. So he walked up to me and asked if I had a place to spent the nights, I already had a place to sleep, but I found it a bit exspensive so I tagged along to see his place and was not disappointed. Its a beautiful venue with three floors with some bigger and some smaller rooms. But the best thing about this place is Bobby, the owner. He helps with everything about your travel and tells you where to and where not to go, buys tickets for you and arrange small travels to the backwaters or to see elephants, I did one of those small ones where we went to see a small river and ha had also arranged some food and beverage. He is amazing and just to see him is worth your while. Trust me on this one.

2 Thank JossanJ
St. Maarten-St. Martin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

I had very great time in this guest house. The owner is super friendly, and make you feel welcome since the first step in. Rooms are spacious, with big windows and private toilet. Some of them has also a balcony. Location is great, right in the center of Fort Kochin area, is walking distance from the nicest restaurants and the main attraction. Also available free bicycle.

London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

I came to Fort cochin with the intention of staying 3 days and after finding this great friendly guesthouse I stayed two weeks. As I walked in the gate I knew this would be a great place to stay, help very welcoming and homely. The staff were excellent and Bobby the owner is one of the nicest guys I met along my travels. Really helpful with organising anything you want to do while you're there at a great pice. The rooms are clean and very basic, good value for what you're paying. The guesthouse has a great balcony on both floors which was great for meeting other travellers. The guesthouse attracted some of the best travellers I've ever met along all my trip and we spent much time together both within the guesthouse and seeing the fort cochin sights. As a girl travelling along, it was so refreshing to be in such a friendly and relaxed atmosphere. I will definitely be visiting fort cochin again and would not drema of staying anywhere else.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Ingrid O
France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

Once you drop your backpack here, you just don`t want to leave anymore ...
Why? Just because here you get nice and caring services from Bobby, the owner, and his staff - huge thanks to Theresa, not mother Theresa, but yet a heart as big and so kind to all!
This guesthouses attracts mainly fun and nice backpackers from all around the world, and so between the staff and the guests, even as a solo traveler, you never feel alone and always feel at home.
You need info, a good laugh or a hug ... you name it and you`ll get it there, guaranty!!!
This is the best guesthouse of the area, after trying a few around, was so glad to find this one that I stayed for the following 36 days (Well, I have things to do in the area ... but a friend stayed there even longer just because she felt there too good to leave such welcoming people & area), and indeed for future trips in Fort Kochi that will be this time my only stop, no need to look any further: clean, functional, great service & great people, reasonably priced so what else to look for ... still wondering???

Room Tip: my favorite is on the first floor ... you`ll have to figure out on your own the best one!