“Simply Amazing!”

Ranked #183 of 430 Kochi (Cochin) B&B and Inns
Baghdad, Iraq
“Simply Amazing!”
Reviewed November 25, 2011

We had unbelievable stay at this hotel. I've to warn that this is a long review. I just want to express my gratitude for everyone who helped me. Besides, you will get some hints from my review that will definitely help you in your next visit to India (Kerala state), which is a forgotten heaven in my opinion.

I had arrived at the hotel early morning around 7AM because i had a night flight. My room was not vacant yet as the check-in check-out time is at 12 noon. My family was extremely tired as we didn't sleep and was desperately looking for a bed or couch to get some rest. So, i tried my luck and approached the hotel staff. They were extremely helpful and polite. Without any argument, they offered me an entire suite just to sleep until they tenant check out from my room. so i slept a very good 9 hours in that suite. Then they informed me that my room is vacant now. So they sent someone to help moving my luggage. i didn't have to pay anything for staying in that suite. I was really happy.

As for my room, it was equipped with Split AC unit, a LCD TV and a fridge. The beds and sheets were very clean. The bathroom was big and comfortable.

As for the breakfast, it was really delicious, especially when i was able to enjoy it on the rooftop of the hotel with a nice sea view. My mother had a knee problem so she couldn't climb the stairs up to the rooftop. And again, the hotel staff were extremely helpful and professional. They delivered the breakfast to her room with no extra charges. They exceeded my expectations for the second time.

As for the location, it's in the center of Fort Cochin which is a tourist paradise in Cochin. I liked it much better that the mainland "Ernakulam". All these attraction were on a walking distance from the hotel: traditional street shops, markets, restaurants, Greenix Heritage Village, Boat Jetty (Ferry service which is extremely cheap, it costs you 2 Indian Rupees to reach the mainland Ernakulam "0.03$"!!!), Chinese Fishing Nets, churches, Hindu temples, historical graveyards, palaces, museums...etc. And if you don't like to walk a lot, you can use the 3 wheelers (Rickshaw). It costs around 50 Indian Rupees per hour (1$ only!), you will be really thrilled once you ride it once.

Now, let us talk about the staff personnel. The hotel has a small travel desk. A guy called Santoosh answered my endless questions on where to go in Cochin, how, when...etc. He helped me on getting tickets for a very nice theater show in Greenix Village that showcases Kerala's dance drama "Kathakali" and its martial art form "Kalaripayattu". The show lasted for around 2 hours and costed around 450 Indian Rupees per person. Unfortunately, i lost my Blackberry in this small theater. it was very crowded, and it seems that the BB dropped from my pockets. I couldn't find it anywhere. This happened in the 2nd day of a 15 days stay in Kerala. And for the 3rd time, the hotel staff were amazing. They sent some one with me to the city center to help get a temporary international SIM card with a second hand Nokia. They also took my contact details and promised to call me if the Greenix Village staff found my BB later on.

The story did not end here. I've started checking the travel agencies in Fort Cochin to prepare my journey to other cities in Kerala state. I was looking for a car with a taxi for 7 days. The offers that i got ranged from 1800-3000 Indian Rupees for a non-AC car with a driver (for 150KMs per day). For the 4th time, the hotel staff thrived to help me. the hotel manager, a guy called Shabir, managed to arrange for a car with a driver for 1500 Indian Rupees per day only. This is the lowest fare that i got, i never imagined that i would be able to get such price. The driver was awesome. He was in his late thirties, spoke excellent English & Arabic (as I'm from Iraq), and acted as a tourist guide. He knew the nitty and gritty of all the tourist attractions, good restaurants, shortcuts, open routes, hidden waterfalls...etc. The driver took us from the hotel next morning around 7 AM and we ventured through the amazing streets of Kerala until we reached Munnar (a mountain/hill area considered as a heaven for tea plantations). Then we visited Thekkady, Allepy, Kumarakom, Kulim and headed back to Cochin. The hotel has another branch in Thekkady which offers a cottage stay on the edge of a forest.

Overall, I highly recommend this hotel for everyone. You will get all what you need in no time. You will simply feel that you're at your home.

Feel free to contact me on ccie4ever@gmail.com if you need any tips for your future journey to Kerala, India.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank AwsAlzubaidi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Polish first
Kochi (Cochin), India
Reviewed October 30, 2011

We had a wonderful surprise arriving in the middle of the night! The rooms are very clean, with air conditioning and all comforts. The staff is professionally trained, very kind and willing to help. You can enjoy a very good breakfast on the top terrace with view to the sea in a luxury atmosphere. We relied on the advice of the personnel to organize our trip to the backwaters and it was great! Position is perfect close to ferryboat, shops and churches.The hotel offers references to ayurvedic treatments. We really appreciated the feeling of being in a safe and protected environment, so we recommend this hotel to women. A special thanks to the guys of the staff who were very kind and precious.

Room Tip: Superior room was great
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
4 Thank LauraAscari
Toronto
Reviewed October 15, 2011

I had a great stay at the Bright Heritage Hotel. The rooms were extremely clean and well-equipped. The staff were genuinely friendly and extremely accommodating in helping me book an excellent day-trip to the backwaters. Breakfast on the rooftop patio was a wonderful way to start the day. The hotel is also in close proximity to Fort Cochin sights and restaurants. Definitely a great location from which to explore Kochi and I would recommend the hotel to other travelers looking for an upper mid-range hotel in the area. Great value for money!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo