“Judy knows”
Review of XL Homestay

XL Homestay
Ranked #50 of 446 Kochi (Cochin) B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 20, 2014

We stayed at the XL and the beginning and end of our trip. Very comfortable, lovely rooms, right in the middle of Fort Cochin.
Judy knows all there is to know about Kerala as she arranged for her son pick us and and take us back to the airport.

Worry not. You are in very safe hands at the XL

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for XL Homestay

Reviewed February 27, 2014

Thank you to Judy for making my quick trip to Kochin so exciting and pleasant. XL Homestay is reasonably priced (I got the AC) for the great location, Judy is incredibly helpful with information on the area and tips for where to go, etc. She arranged my airport pickup as well, which I really appreciated since I got in late at night. As a solo woman traveler, I needed a place where I could feel safe and trust everyone, while getting useful information. XL Homestay provided just that. I would stay here again in a minute. It's not fancy (you'd need to pay more for that). But the price is good for the location and room. Very clean.

Room Tip: My room was on the ground floor in the back and was good. Big room. I recommend AC.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank DawnOhioUSA
Reviewed February 26, 2014

I stayed here for 2 weeks while traveling. It truly felt like my home, such an unforgettable experience. Judy and her son Sheldon were so accommodating and I am so grateful to have booked this homestay. It is located in a great area and if you have any questions at all Judy will be sure to answer them and point you in the right direction. Judy went above and beyond to make our stay absolutely amazing. Not only did I have a great place to stay, but I made so many great memories and 2 amazing new friends. You won't find a better place to stay!

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Kjthom5
Reviewed February 13, 2014

This felt like my home away from home while traveling in South India. Judy was SO kind and accommodating. If you needed anything, she would get it for you! I stayed with two others and we all had a terrific time. When I come back to Fort Cochin, this is where I'm staying! There are great restaurants and coffee shops nearby, and she'll help book any extra travel. I wasn't feeling well when I took the backwaters tour, and she called ahead for them to make me rice soup so my stomach wouldn't get upset. XL Homestay is the best!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 7, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here on 2 occasions in Jan and Feb and really enjoyed my stay. I got to know the owner Judy and her son Sheldon very well and the hospitality they showed me was wonderful. I arrived with a bad stomach and Judy was so nice and even called the restaurant opposite to cook me the right food! The upstairs room I had was perfect, it was quiet and had a tv :) the homestay is opposite the only bar in Fort Cochin which is handy and everything is close by including Princess St, Chinese fishing nets etc. I would recommend anyone to stay there!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed December 20, 2013

We stayed at XL Homestay for 2 nights in November 2013. As the room was available we were given an upgrade. Our room was large, clean and comfortable and reasonably priced as Fort Cochin is more expensive than other areas of Kerala. The breakfast on the roof terrace was very nice, and a relaxing way to start the day. The location of the homestay is excellent as it is only 100 metres from the Chinese fishing nets and the same distance from Princes Street where there are numerous small shops and restaurants. I would recommend this homestay

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Nice guesthouse, incredible nice people working there, for Judi 6 points ;-) They organized some tours for us to Backwater, tea plantations and finally to Varkala. You are in good hands! Rooms more basic, but all you need. It is really in centre of town. Beer bar on other side of street, but our room was to the backyard, pretty relaxed. No breakfast.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple